+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting PGWP while having 1 part time term in the middle of my studies.

Daniyal.M

Apr 16, 2019
Hello everyone! I am in a situation and would like to know if anyone else was in the same situation and what happened.

I have 1 part time term ( 8 credits, SFU states that full-time student is a student with 9 credits. 1 credit short :(). This part-time term is not my last one, it was 2 years ago. During my last term, which is now (Summer 2019), I made sure that I have taken 9+ credits to be considered full-time student. I am wondering if 1 part-time (even if it is not the last term in the degree) term with only 1 credit short will affect the decision towards my PGWP.

Thanks in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone! I am in a situation and would like to know if anyone else was in the same situation and what happened.

I have 1 part time term ( 8 credits, SFU states that full-time student is a student with 9 credits. 1 credit short :(). This part-time term is not my last one, it was 2 years ago. During my last term, which is now (Summer 2019), I made sure that I have taken 9+ credits to be considered full-time student. I am wondering if 1 part-time (even if it is not the last term in the degree) term with only 1 credit short will affect the decision towards my PGWP.

Thanks in advance!
The rules state that you can only be part time in your last term. So according to the rules you should be refused - however we have seen some cases where people have been approved in this situation. Ultimately it will be up to the visa officer who processes your application and it's impossible for any of us to say what will happen. You should certainly try applying for the PGWP and hope for the best. Good luck.

macg

Sep 22, 2019
Hey, I am in a similar situation, what happened to you? So I did 2 programs, bachelor's and master's, I have 1 random part-time semester in my 1st program... but was full-time throughout my master's... :/

kingvis

Jul 31, 2019
Hey, I am in a similar situation, what happened to you? So I did 2 programs, bachelor's and master's, I have 1 random part-time semester in my 1st program... but was full-time throughout my master's... :/
Did you get the 3 year PGWP? Thanks.