+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting Passport Back from Montreal IRCC

Baram94

Sep 12, 2023
Hello,

My application to get the PR got rejected one year ago, since then I’ve been waiting to get my passport back to be able to settle elsewhere.
I called the IRCC and borders a dozen times, sent letters. Nothing worked. People from IRCC don’t know anything and the letters don’t get any replies.

Has anyone managed to get their passport back from IRCC Montreal 1025 Rue Saint-Jacques ? And if so, how?

(There is no way to make an appointment or to call them directly…)

Thx.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

My application to get the PR got rejected one year ago, since then I’ve been waiting to get my passport back to be able to settle elsewhere.
I called the IRCC and borders a dozen times, sent letters. Nothing worked. People from IRCC don’t know anything and the letters don’t get any replies.

Has anyone managed to get their passport back from IRCC Montreal 1025 Rue Saint-Jacques ? And if so, how?

Thx.
If your refugee claim was refused, then your passport will not be returned to you until you are physically leaving Canada. You need to make plans to leave and communicate those arrangements to CBSA. Your passport will be returned to you at the airport as you are boarding the plane to leave Canada.

Reactions: derin1010

Baram94

Sep 12, 2023
Thank you for the response. It’s just weird because I called CBSA about it and they just said to contact IRCC, and IRCC did the same thing.
I don’t want to take a plane ticket, and then at the airport see that CBSA didn’t do the proper arrangements to give me back my passport.

Is there a way to be sure they’ll do their job?

agbasunne

May 19, 2023
Moncton
Visa Office......
IRCC
Hello,

Thx.
FILL APPLICATION FORM AND MAIL IT TO THE ADDRESS BELOW

IRCC.DNEastDocReturn-RetourDocEstRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

OPEN THIS LINK BELOW, DOWNLOAD THE PDF FORM AND FILL
BSF699 - Application for the Return of (a) Seized Travel and/or Identity Document(s) (cbsa-asfc.gc.ca)

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
Hello ..i got my PR along with my family few months ago.. i have contacted IRCC for my passport and today i got their mail ... can u please confirm me either is it mendatory to get your identification document back when you get your Pr? Please note i already have Refugee travel document and my own country passport is in the possession of Ircc.

please check Ircc response.. ..and guide me what should i do next.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided. If your identity documents were not returned to you when you became a permanent resident and you wish to have them back, please send a written request to the responsible office and include:

• A list of the requested original identity documents, and
  • The reason for your request, including an explanation that you became a permanent resident without your documents.
You can send your request either:

• By mail to the following address:

Citizenship & Immigration
    Ground Floor (Market St. entrance)
    Hamilton ON L8R 3P7

or
  • By fax to the following number: (905) 572-2627

domdomdom

Oct 5, 2020
Hello ..i got my PR along with my family few months ago.. i have contacted IRCC for my passport and today i got their mail ... can u please confirm me either is it mendatory to get your identification document back when you get your Pr? Please note i already have Refugee travel document and my own country passport is in the possession of Ircc.

please check Ircc response.. ..and guide me what should i do next.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided. If your identity documents were not returned to you when you became a permanent resident and you wish to have them back, please send a written request to the responsible office and include:

• A list of the requested original identity documents, and
  • The reason for your request, including an explanation that you became a permanent resident without your documents.
You can send your request either:

• By mail to the following address:

Citizenship & Immigration
    Ground Floor (Market St. entrance)
    Hamilton ON L8R 3P7

or
  • By fax to the following number: (905) 572-2627
It is not mandatory. You don't have to take it if you don't want to.
But how did you contact IRCC. Is this their response after webform?

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
It is not mandatory. You don't have to take it if you don't want to.
But how did you contact IRCC. Is this their response after webform?
i need my home country passport back as i wana travel to middle east on that .. yes i got this response after 3 months after submitting web form.