+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting marrried from outside of Canada while Citizenship application in progres

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
last.fortune.last said:
If I get married while citizenship application in progress, should I update anything to CIC? Any negative situation for the process??

Man,

Marriage is your personal choice, and CIC doesnt have any jurisdiction on your personal matters, dont worry too much. If you already choosen your partner, WISH YOU A HAPPY MARRIED LIFE...be cool.

;D by the way, you can check and see if CIC issues CITIZENSHIP as a marriage gift.

Thank
YYC_CICGUY

tormenta

Mar 3, 2014
last.fortune.last said:
If I get married while citizenship application in progress, should I update anything to CIC? Any negative situation for the process??
No effect at all. I got married while my application was pending, and when I called CIC to inform them, I got scolded by the agent, who told me that this was only relevant if I was applying for residency.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
last.fortune.last said:
Have a look at the application form CIT0002E And please read section 10 (SIGNATURE OF APPLICANT).
You need to let them know my friend" if any information on this form changes before I take oath"
I guess the information you included in section 4B when you applied is changing. Remember, one day you will need to sponsor your wife and they'll find out you got married while your citizenship application was in process and you didn't let them know.
Hope I was clear

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
last.fortune.last said:
I do not know anything official - so do not quote me but I do not think you need to inform CIC if you are getting married 'after' you have submitted your application... Even if you do - what can or what will they do with your new status? put a sticky note in your file??

Obviously when your partner applies, he/she has to mention that he/she is married to you....

Nothing to worry about... And if you really want to feel comfi - call 1888 number and see what he/she will say. Worst case, you will have to send a letter/marriage certificate to CIC - but again, what are they going to do with that?

Congratulations...