+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married without CRS being recalculated?

aamir87

Feb 10, 2016
Guys, need your help. Received ITA (CRS 478 and cut off 459) yesterday and need to file application in next 60 days. I had plans to get married during this year. Luckily, I got ITA soon after creation of my profile (which I did not anticipate). Now, my fiancee (would-be wife)'s IELTS and WES is not done yet. So, if I get married during these 60 days, points would be recalculated and thus will be below cut off. Now I am thinking along following lines, please suggest if it makes sense and practical.
- I submit my docs and meanwhile register her for IELTS. Once she has got the results (around 70-80 days from now, based on next available date for ielts) then we get married (while APR had already been submitted) and then I inform CIC about change in my circumstances. If I just include her IELTS (assuming 6 band each), I have sufficient points (461) to cross cut-off for this draw (in which I was selected, which is 459). So, my question is whether CIC would recalculate my scores at that stage (after APR submission and before COPR) and if yes, would CIC accept her IELTS result at that point (after submission of APR) for purpose of recalculation of points? Moreover, how much time I would be given to submit her PCC / medical etc. and would my processing time restart after that?

- If points are not recalculated after submission of APR and before COPR, is it advisable to get married in that period or after should I get married after COPR? I want to take her along and not to go through family class sponsorship process. Is there any chance of my COPR being jeopardized if status is changed after submission of APR or after getting COPR?

Looking forward for your support.

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aamir87 said:
Guys, need your help. Received ITA (CRS 478 and cut off 459) yesterday and need to file application in next 60 days. I had plans to get married during this year. Luckily, I got ITA soon after creation of my profile (which I did not anticipate). Now, my fiancee (would-be wife)'s IELTS and WES is not done yet. So, if I get married during these 60 days, points would be recalculated and thus will be below cut off. Now I am thinking along following lines, please suggest if it makes sense and practical.
- I submit my docs and meanwhile register her for IELTS. Once she has got the results (around 70-80 days from now, based on next available date for ielts) then we get married (while APR had already been submitted) and then I inform CIC about change in my circumstances. If I just include her IELTS (assuming 6 band each), I have sufficient points (461) to cross cut-off for this draw (in which I was selected, which is 459). So, my question is whether CIC would recalculate my scores at that stage (after APR submission and before COPR) and if yes, would CIC accept her IELTS result at that point (after submission of APR) for purpose of recalculation of points? Moreover, how much time I would be given to submit her PCC / medical etc. and would my processing time restart after that?

- If points are not recalculated after submission of APR and before COPR, is it advisable to get married in that period or after should I get married after COPR? I want to take her along and not to go through family class sponsorship process. Is there any chance of my COPR being jeopardized if status is changed after submission of APR or after getting COPR?

Looking forward for your support.

Thanks
Focus on filing a complete application within the next 60 days. Get married any time after application submission and before 'landing' in Canada to activate your PR status. After getting married, inform IRCC about the same along with documentation. They will help you add your spouse to the current application and your points won't be recalculated. You'll be given 30 days to submit PCC and medicals for your spouse and you'll also need to show additional POF (assuming you are not on an LMIA supported job or invited under CEC).

All the best!

Ankita ankita

Feb 7, 2020
Focus on filing a complete application within the next 60 days. Get married any time after application submission and before 'landing' in Canada to activate your PR status. After getting married, inform IRCC about the same along with documentation. They will help you add your spouse to the current application and your points won't be recalculated. You'll be given 30 days to submit PCC and medicals for your spouse and you'll also need to show additional POF (assuming you are not on an LMIA supported job or invited under CEC).

All the best!
What if i am on LMIA and applied under CEC