+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting Married While on PGWP

Kenojones

Dec 4, 2017
Hi all,

I currently reside in Canada on a post graduate work permit. I am going to be getting married soon in my home country and want to bring my spouse to Canada.

My intent is to bring her here as a visitor (we are from the Bahamas and she can stay here for 6 months without a permit) and apply for a work permit for her while she is in Canada with me.

I want some input on whether this can work as I got her a one-way ticket here and do not want to experience a bad encounter at customs.

If this is a bad idea, any viable suggestion is welcome!

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,

I currently reside in Canada on a post graduate work permit. I am going to be getting married soon in my home country and want to bring my spouse to Canada.

My intent is to bring her here as a visitor (we are from the Bahamas and she can stay here for 6 months without a permit) and apply for a work permit for her while she is in Canada with me.

I want some input on whether this can work as I got her a one-way ticket here and do not want to experience a bad encounter at customs.

If this is a bad idea, any viable suggestion is welcome!

Thanks
Hi

Do you have a NOC A, B or 0 job?

She needs to have a return flight booked, even if it is a fully refundable ticket that she doesn't use.

Kenojones

Dec 4, 2017
Another question, if we apply for a work permit for her while outside of the country on honeymoon, would she still need that return ticket or even allowed in the Canada?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Another question, if we apply for a work permit for her while outside of the country on honeymoon, would she still need that return ticket or even allowed in the Canada?
If the work permit is approved before she comes to Canada, she should be fine without a return ticket. If she will be entering as a visitor, she should have the ticket.