+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting Married while application processing

ronaldo7

Sep 20, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I have 504 points and recieved ITA in the 16th Draw and I am gathering my documents for submission. Just finished with medicals. I am getting married in December and I want to know if I have to report this to CIC. What would happen to my application. Would my application be rejected??

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ronaldo7 said:
Hi Everyone,

I have 504 points and recieved ITA in the 16th Draw and I am gathering my documents for submission. Just finished with medicals. I am getting married in December and I want to know if I have to report this to CIC. What would happen to my application. Would my application be rejected??
As soon as you get married, inform CIC about your marriage. If your PR application is still in process, you will need to add your spouse to your application, and your spouse will need to undergo background and medical checks. If you have already landed before your marriage date, you can sponsor your spouse under family class category. If you have received immigrant visa, but not landed, then you cannot land in Canada without first adding your spouse to your already finalized application. In this case, you will be returning your visa to CIC and getting your spouse added to your application.