+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married to another PR holder before landing in Canada

Rd desai

Mar 24, 2018
I and my boy friend both are applying for PR and we are expecting our PR by October/November. We have got our ITA individually as singles and we are planning to apply independently only.

We will get our PR individually as singles only. If we get married after getting the PR/Visa

dok

Apr 20, 2014
I and my boy friend both are applying for PR and we are expecting our PR by October/November. We have got our ITA individually as singles and we are planning to apply independently only.

We will get our PR individually as singles only. If we get married after getting the PR/Visa
No issues here

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

If you marry before landing and then land with COPRs stating "single", it is misrepresentation. You would both need to add the other person to your application as a dependent.

Or just get married after actually landing.

Rd desai

Mar 24, 2018
What is the procedure of adding the other person in your file / changing status to married to avoid misrepresentation, after getting PR - I mean we both will have visas and then we will marry, so what should be done to avoid misrepresentation?
Also are there any fees for this??

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
What is the procedure of adding the other person in your file / changing status to married to avoid misrepresentation, after getting PR - I mean we both will have visas and then we will marry, so what should be done to avoid misrepresentation?
Also are there any fees for this??
You need to each submit forms, PCCs and medical for the other person. You don't need to pay any fees, as the other person will be non-accompanying.