+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married soon and also have a brother to sponsor

ayaznoor

Nov 13, 2016
Hi everyone,

Let me give a little background before i explain my current situation.

I had applied for EE about a year and a half back, my points were 417 and i didn't make it to the cut. And then i turned 30, means i lost 5 more points. Since then I've given up on applying and therefore looking for another way to increase my points.

I have one elder brother who has moved to Canada about 3 months back after finally getting his invitation to land. His wife sponsored him. First option is that I ask him to sponsor me, as I understand I'll be getting 600 points which will bring my points quite high.

Secondly, I'm planning to get married this year in August. I can ask my to-be-wife to start her application as a single applicant, will she be able to merge me into her application after marriage? Another issue is that come December she also turns 30, meaning she'll also get a drop.

Third option is to apply as.a couple after marriage, how would that impact our points?

Kindly advise.

Thanks.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
First option is that I ask him to sponsor me, as I understand I'll be getting 600 points which will bring my points quite high.
This option does not exist. You are confusing sibling points with PNP sponsorship. You get 600 points for provincial nomination.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone,

Let me give a little background before i explain my current situation.

I had applied for EE about a year and a half back, my points were 417 and i didn't make it to the cut. And then i turned 30, means i lost 5 more points. Since then I've given up on applying and therefore looking for another way to increase my points.

I have one elder brother who has moved to Canada about 3 months back after finally getting his invitation to land. His wife sponsored him. First option is that I ask him to sponsor me, as I understand I'll be getting 600 points which will bring my points quite high.

Secondly, I'm planning to get married this year in August. I can ask my to-be-wife to start her application as a single applicant, will she be able to merge me into her application after marriage? Another issue is that come December she also turns 30, meaning she'll also get a drop.

Third option is to apply as.a couple after marriage, how would that impact our points?

Kindly advise.

Thanks.
Hi

Your brother can't sponsor you.

She can apply. If you marry before e-APR and are included as accompanying, her points will be re-calculated. If you marry before e-APR but are included as non-accompanying or if you marry after e-APR, her points will not be re-calculated.