+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married post ITA but pre PPR. But, wife not coming to Canada with me

bhargava.sg

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Hello All,

I am waiting for PPR currently(Sep 16th AOR) and will be getting married next month. After marriage, I plan to move to Canda next year whereas my wife will not be coming with me. So, in my application, I just need to update my marital status and let them know that wife is not coming with me.

What documents would I need to gather beforehand ? Will my wife need to get PCC, ECA, medicals etc done? And will this change my processing time?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello All,

I am waiting for PPR currently(Sep 16th AOR) and will be getting married next month. After marriage, I plan to move to Canda next year whereas my wife will not be coming with me. So, in my application, I just need to update my marital status and let them know that wife is not coming with me.

What documents would I need to gather beforehand ? Will my wife need to get PCC, ECA, medicals etc done? And will this change my processing time?
You will need to update your forms and also submit forms for your wife. Also she will need to provide PCCs and take the medical. ECA not required. Expect this to add around four months to your overall processing time. Make sure you add your wife once you are married.

bhargava.sg

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
You will need to update your forms and also submit forms for your wife. Also she will need to provide PCCs and take the medical. ECA not required. Expect this to add around four months to your overall processing time. Make sure you add your wife once you are married.
Thanks @scylla I will start her PCC process right away and submit the documents once we get it in that case. Just curious why she needs to do medicals and PCC, since she is not going to accompany me.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks @scylla I will start her PCC process right away and submit the documents once we get it in that case. Just curious why she needs to do medicals and PCC, since she is not going to accompany me.
Because all dependents in your application (whether accompanying or non-accompanying) must pass the medical and background/security checks in order for your application to be approved. It's a basic rule of economic immigration.