+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married need advice please guide

Simplesim

Star Member
Jul 11, 2015
I received ITA as Single applicant. I have plans to get marry.

I just need advice about which one would be the better case for getting married and adding spouse for faster processing among the two

1) Submit eApr as Single applicant itself and then later add spouse by getting marry
2) Decline the ITA and get marry then add spouse

Also I have other doubt as If I am getting married, being girl (name may change later with husband name addition)and primary applicant,Do I need to update supporting documents like passport with name of spouse, address as my spouse address and any other document
or only the marriage certificate would suffice

Kindly Guide me on this...
Awaiting for your speedy and positive reply..as my ITA is expiring in 2 weeks

Thanks and Regards,
Simple

moonpat83

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since you already have an ITA, i'd suggest complete your application and then add your husband once you get married. It has been stated on the Cic website that you need to inform them if your status changes, like marriage, birth of a child, change of address etc. Also for your other question it falls into the same category, you just need to inform CIC about these changes.

hally3

Jun 3, 2015
Simplesim said:
I received ITA as Single applicant. I have plans to get marry.

I just need advice about which one would be the better case for getting married and adding spouse for faster processing among the two

1) Submit eApr as Single applicant itself and then later add spouse by getting marry
2) Decline the ITA and get marry then add spouse

Also I have other doubt as If I am getting married, being girl (name may change later with husband name addition)and primary applicant,Do I need to update supporting documents like passport with name of spouse, address as my spouse address and any other document
or only the marriage certificate would suffice

Please help a sis in the same shoes. Which of the two options did you go with? and hope there were no issues.
Expecting your response, please
Kindly Guide me on this...
Awaiting for your speedy and positive reply..as my ITA is expiring in 2 weeks

Thanks and Regards,
Simple

nshakelly

Nov 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Hello,

I have got married between the process as well. I suggest you to apply first and then add your Spouse to your file.

It is clearly mentioned on CIC website as per Section A11.2 "Change in Family Composition". If your marital status changes AFTER e-APR, then your case will not be rejected nor will your points be re-calculated.

Also, if you are willing to change your name post marriage, I suggest you to do that post immigration procedure, as it is not mandatory that your last name has to be similar to your husband's. If you are still willing to change your last name, then you need to make sure it is consistent with all other supporting documentation i.e. your passport, PCC etc.

In terms of addition of your Spouse to your in-process application, you need NOT get his ECA or IELTS. You just need to make sure they have all the required PCCs, Medicals, Birth certificate, Passport, photo, Marriage certificate, Updated IMM 0008, Additional family Information form, Application Fee receipt for your spouse.

Hope this answer's your questions. IF yes, +1 is much appreciated. :)

nshakelly

Nov 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yashwanth.258 said:
@nshakelly, how you generated application fee receipt ?
did you get payment option in CIC account ?
There is online payment option. Follow this link --> https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en

Once u done paying. Save the copy of receipt and send along with other documents.

hally3

Jun 3, 2015
Thank you so much, really apreciate. Dont know how to give +1

nshakelly said:
Hello,

I have got married between the process as well. I suggest you to apply first and then add your Spouse to your file.

It is clearly mentioned on CIC website as per Section A11.2 "Change in Family Composition". If your marital status changes AFTER e-APR, then your case will not be rejected nor will your points be re-calculated.

Also, if you are willing to change your name post marriage, I suggest you to do that post immigration procedure, as it is not mandatory that your last name has to be similar to your husband's. If you are still willing to change your last name, then you need to make sure it is consistent with all other supporting documentation i.e. your passport, PCC etc.

In terms of addition of your Spouse to your in-process application, you need NOT get his ECA or IELTS. You just need to make sure they have all the required PCCs, Medicals, Birth certificate, Passport, photo, Marriage certificate, Updated IMM 0008, Additional family Information form, Application Fee receipt for your spouse.

Hope this answer's your questions. IF yes, +1 is much appreciated. :)