+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting Married In the Philippines + More Questions

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
I must be misunderstanding something but why is the name change thing a big deal? Future sponsorship of who? The child's dad?

But agree that the short courtship is a big red flag. Getting married during first face-to-face visit is one of the bigger red flags there is.
That is exactly the OP needs to put into consideration. And yes, why all of the sudden that the name change comes into play? Obviously, the Bio Dad's name isn't on the kid's birth certificate, and the move seems try to establish some sort of connections between the kid and the bio Dad. The reason that the OP given is kind of not making sense at all, by changing name to make the kid looks like not born out of the wed lock, what? Man, maybe I am wrong, but it really looks fishy.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
That is exactly the OP needs to put into consideration. And yes, why all of the sudden that the name change comes into play? Obviously, the Bio Dad's name isn't on the kid's birth certificate, and the move seems try to establish some sort of connections between the kid and the bio Dad. The reason that the OP given is kind of not making sense at all, by changing name to make the kid looks like not born out of the wed lock, what? Man, maybe I am wrong, but it really looks fishy.
The name change of the child is not "fishy" or a red flag, nor is it an indicator of potential marriage fraud as you have implied. Different countries have different views on the illegitimacy of children. In the Philippines, there is still something of a stigma attached to being illegitimate. There are also different laws regarding illegitimate children depending on whether they have been "recognized" by the father.

I suggest you edit your posts.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
The name change of the child is not "fishy" or a red flag, nor is it an indicator of potential marriage fraud as you have implied. Different countries have different views on the illegitimacy of children. In the Philippines, there is still something of a stigma attached to being illegitimate. There are also different laws regarding illegitimate children depending on whether they have been "recognized" by the father.

I suggest you edit your posts.
I can accept criticism against my opinion and agree your disagree, but I think I am still entitled to express my thoughts, because last time I checked Canada is still a freedom speech country. So, no, I won't edit my post, especially my only intention is to try to protect the OP's interests. If my post violated any rules of this forum, I believe that the forum owner can take any necessary steps to enforce the rules. Until then, my post stands.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I can accept criticism against my opinion and agree your disagree, but I think I am still entitled to express my thoughts, because last time I checked Canada is still a freedom speech country. So, no, I won't edit my post, especially my only intention is to try to protect the OP's interests. If my post violated any rules of this forum, I believe that the forum owner can take any necessary steps to enforce the rules. Until then, my post stands.
I love how people quote "freedom of speech" when they post bad info.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
I love how people quote "freedom of speech" when they post bad info.
Dude, information is facts provided or learned about something or someone, and what I posted is not information, it is my own opinion on this particular case/situation, which is fully protected by freedom of speech. So, please don't mix those two.

Unless, you are absolutely sure and base on the fact that the opinion that I made is 100% fault and 100% won't happen to the OP, my opinion states valid.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Dude, information is facts provided or learned about something or someone, and what I posted is not information, it is my own opinion on this particular case/situation, which is fully protected by freedom of speech. So, please don't mix those two.

Unless, you are absolutely sure and base on the fact that the opinion that I made is 100% fault and 100% won't happen to the OP, my opinion states valid.
"Your opinion" about the child's name change is based on your ignorance of the cultural attitudes of another country. If you are happy with that being on the forum, then by all means, leave your posts as they are...

pena.rowena

Dec 13, 2017
I am a Filipina college professor for 10 years. My Canadian fiance and I are in a long distance relationship for more than a year. We always talk and text online. Sometimes, we are exchanging emails and sending greeting cards through snail mail. I applied Canada student visa as advised by his church mate who is an immigration consultant but I was denied due to lack of strong ties in my country, Philippines. Then I tried to apply for US tourist visa so we could meet in the US as advised by the immigration lawyer but my visa was denied. My fiance will be visiting me for the first time in August and we will get married after two weeks. My concern is, though we are in a long distance relationship for more than a year now, will us getting married after seeing each other for the first time considered as a red flag in Canada immigration when I apply for spouse visa?