+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married in Germany as a Refugee

hb8895

May 9, 2022
Dear good people,

I am a granted refugee in Canada. I have PR card and I already applied for my refugee travel document (RTD).

Being a refugee I cannot go back home even for my marriage. But the good news is, my fiancée came to Germany as a student and I am planning to go there and get married.

Is there anyone who went to Germany and get married before? Please share your experience. Please also share, what is the process, what kind of documents needed and how long the process takes for the marriage.

I will be be highly obliged if I can get your attention and help.

Thanks!

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Dear good people,

I am a granted refugee in Canada. I have PR card and I already applied for my refugee travel document (RTD).

Being a refugee I cannot go back home even for my marriage. But the good news is, my fiancée came to Germany as a student and I am planning to go there and get married.

Is there anyone who went to Germany and get married before? Please share your experience. Please also share, what is the process, what kind of documents needed and how long the process takes for the marriage.

I will be be highly obliged if I can get your attention and help.

Thanks!
See below link. It might be useful

https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en/visa-service/konsularisches/eheschliessung-node