Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
Hello everyone,

I got my PR 2012 May. I am getting married in August 2014 and am looking to sponsor my wife right after. I understand I have to be in the country to apply for her sponsorship but the current processing time is about 12 months.

Can she apply for the visit visa while her PR is being processed since a 12 months seems quite a long time to be away.

What are the chances of getting a visit visa and will it hinder the PR process

Is there any income requirements for the sponsor

Any help is appreciated

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
draxz1289 said:
Hello everyone,

I got my PR 2012 May. I am getting married in August 2014 and am looking to sponsor my wife right after. I understand I have to be in the country to apply for her sponsorship but the current processing time is about 12 months.

Can she apply for the visit visa while her PR is being processed since a 12 months seems quite a long time to be away.

What are the chances of getting a visit visa and will it hinder the PR process

Is there any income requirements for the sponsor

Any help is appreciated
Hello...I am not an expert on spousal sponsorship, however one of my friend is doing the exact same thing.
If you apply to sponsor your wife for PR, there is almost zero chance of her getting a visit visa while her PR is in process (and her husband is canada)...She will be denied as she will not be able to show strong ties in India ( compared to ties in canada).
Since you are not married right now, your fiance could get a visit visa right now (without telling CIC that she is going to get married to a PR in august)....once she has the visit visa..you can get married and apply for PR.
This way...she can travel to canada freely..and live upto 6 months...maybe even extend her stay while her PR is in process.
Hope this helps.

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I dont think there is income requirement for spousal sponsorship...im not sure though...but as long as you have a job and you are working i dont see an issue.

Also, having a visit visa does not hinder PR process....but having a PR application in progress might hinder visit visa process.

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
Now I am thinking it might be hard for her to get a visit visa before the wedding and as she has no relatives or friends here.

How about getting married then apply for her PR and then apply for the visit visa, would that make it easier?

Thanks,

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
draxz1289 said:
Now I am thinking it might be hard for her to get a visit visa before the wedding and as she has no relatives or friends here.

How about getting married then apply for her PR and then apply for the visit visa, would that make it easier?

Thanks,
Like I said buddy...applying for PR - spousal and then applying for visit visa is useless - they will deny it for the reasons i explained above.
No friends or relatives...haha :eek:....you can be her friend in canada.

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Praying for sooner than later, with no delays
LANDED..........
Unknown
Hi,
Congratulations on being engaged and tying the knot soon!
I am an applicant from India so I know how the processing works. It will be a long waiting game so I hope you are ready.

First of all... It's not good for her to apply for visit visa because if she is rejected, that might delay your pr processing as the visa office will have to look into why she was rejected. Most likely she will be rejected because it's hard to prove that she will be returning to India once the visiting time is over because she has you as the stronger link than all of her family back in India, unless she is in school, almost finishing and therefore not going to risk not graduating. Or she has lots of assets in India that she has to manage and thus will have to return. But even then, chances are slim.

Don't show anything wrong because I know someone who married and applied for visit visa after but did not mention they were married. Now they have interview as the information for visit visa conflicts with the info on the pr application. All 2012 and 2013 applicants form India and other places I have met have been called to interview for reasons including visa rejections, for visits or students or even business ones.

India asks the passport roughly after 2 months of you applying for pr sponsorship. So if your wife is in Canada on visit visa, she will be stuck and will have to go back to India to submit her passport. If she sends the passport for Canada, she won't be able to fly to India if she needs to be there as per the visa office request.

I strongly suggest that you just apply for pr and wait... Unfortunately, there is no other way around than waiting apart. It's less complicated that way. Oh, also start collecting lots of phone call records and letters, emails, etc to show proof of strong relationship before the wedding. That way your application will be processed faster.

You will also need a notice of assessment to be sent with your documents which shows your income and such for the government to know that you can support your wife once she comes to Canada and that you are not on welfare. It really doesn't matter how much income you have as long as you are not on welfare and won't be on it soon either.

Thanks and Good luck!

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
vermanaman said:
Like I said buddy...applying for PR - spousal and then applying for visit visa is useless - they will deny it for the reasons i explained above.
No friends or relatives...haha :eek:....you can be her friend in canada.
Thanks for the reply, guess taking the long route then.

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
Desi-girl said:
Hi,
Congratulations on being engaged and tying the knot soon!
I am an applicant from India so I know how the processing works. It will be a long waiting game so I hope you are ready.

First of all... It's not good for her to apply for visit visa because if she is rejected, that might delay your pr processing as the visa office will have to look into why she was rejected. Most likely she will be rejected because it's hard to prove that she will be returning to India once the visiting time is over because she has you as the stronger link than all of her family back in India, unless she is in school, almost finishing and therefore not going to risk not graduating. Or she has lots of assets in India that she has to manage and thus will have to return. But even then, chances are slim.

Don't show anything wrong because I know someone who married and applied for visit visa after but did not mention they were married. Now they have interview as the information for visit visa conflicts with the info on the pr application. All 2012 and 2013 applicants form India and other places I have met have been called to interview for reasons including visa rejections, for visits or students or even business ones.

India asks the passport roughly after 2 months of you applying for pr sponsorship. So if your wife is in Canada on visit visa, she will be stuck and will have to go back to India to submit her passport. If she sends the passport for Canada, she won't be able to fly to India if she needs to be there as per the visa office request.

I strongly suggest that you just apply for pr and wait... Unfortunately, there is no other way around than waiting apart. It's less complicated that way. Oh, also start collecting lots of phone call records and letters, emails, etc to show proof of strong relationship before the wedding. That way your application will be processed faster.

You will also need a notice of assessment to be sent with your documents which shows your income and such for the government to know that you can support your wife once she comes to Canada and that you are not on welfare. It really doesn't matter how much income you have as long as you are not on welfare and won't be on it soon either.

Thanks and Good luck!
Thank you for the reply and much needed clarification. You have made some really good points about her passport request.

When you said proof of conversations, just curious on how this works and is it a requirement. We talk everyday and message each other, does it really help the case? I know there is no income threshold require for applying for visit visa other than the notice of assessment, is that the case?

The processing time seems to have gone up to 12 months :( so looks like its going to be a long wait.

M

mikeymyke

I agree with the other poster, do NOT apply for a visitor visa, especially from non visa exempt countries. If she is refused, you will have to indicate that on your spouse's background declaration, among a bunch of other red flag questions. Instead of her visiting you, you go visit her instead.

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Praying for sooner than later, with no delays
LANDED..........
Unknown
draxz1289 said:
Thank you for the reply and much needed clarification. You have made some really good points about her passport request.

When you said proof of conversations, just curious on how this works and is it a requirement. We talk everyday and message each other, does it really help the case? I know there is no income threshold require for applying for visit visa other than the notice of assessment, is that the case?

The processing time seems to have gone up to 12 months :( so looks like its going to be a long wait.
Tell me about it.. All 2012 and 2013 applicants are already frustrated with waiting so long already.
Well, it helps if you print a few emails between you and her and like I said, call logs on phone. I can't remember but I think there is somewhere on one of the forms to provide information of your contacts. So everyone just gives whatever very they can, I sent phone logs and emails with wedding pictures.

The forms and additional document requirements might change by the time you apply so this is just giving you an idea of what to expect. And no, I don't think there is income requirement for visit visa other than notice of assessment. But you have to look at the checklists that are provided with the forms.

If you need any more help, don't hesitate to pm me too.

Thanks

azarwin

Jan 16, 2013
Hi,

I'm also in similar situation of the owner of this thread, I need some help in certain document checklists. Can Draxz or Desi-girl (Sorry not sure of your names) provide your contact details to my personnel email ID cherilola@gmail.com or 647-834-4044.

Your help is really appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.