+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married EAPr but wife not accompying

avian12

Feb 21, 2018
Hi all,

Crucial timeline here. I’m leaving from the us to india in a few hours. Will submit my EAPR prior to departure.

I am going to be married in about 5 days time in India. My question is, when I raise a CSE about marriage, and I mention my wife will not be staying with me, will they still require her documents?

I’m considering this because I do not want to extend the timeline and she does not have any documents ready.

Thanks,

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi all,

Crucial timeline here. I’m leaving from the us to india in a few hours. Will submit my EAPR prior to departure.

I am going to be married in about 5 days time in India. My question is, when I raise a CSE about marriage, and I mention my wife will not be staying with me, will they still require her documents?

I’m considering this because I do not want to extend the timeline and she does not have any documents ready.

Thanks,
Yes, you'll need her Passport, PCC, Medicals and POF for 2 people in this case. Its better to get her documents ready and apply together. You can add her in your application before you land in Canada, so you still have time.

Best wishes for your wedding!

Reactions: avian12

avian12

Feb 21, 2018
Yes, you'll need her Passport, PCC, Medicals and POF for 2 people in this case. Its better to get her documents ready and apply together. You can add her in your application before you land in Canada, so you still have time.

Best wishes for your wedding!

Thanks a lot. Very helpful.

avian12

Feb 21, 2018
Just wanted to follow up on this:

Got married about a month ago, but waiting to see if I should add her to my file or not. Is there a timeline by which this needs to be updated?

avian12

Feb 21, 2018
If I do not add her, would that cause an issue? Only reason I am considering not adding her is because it would extend my timeline. (she does not have any documents ready).

Thanks,

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I do not add her, would that cause an issue? Only reason I am considering not adding her is because it would extend my timeline. (she does not have any documents ready).

Thanks,
If you finish the landing process while declaring being single then you will never be able to sponsor your spouse.

Reactions: avian12