+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married and adding dependent after receiving OINP nomination

sanyaak

Feb 17, 2024
Help please!! I received an NOI from the Gov of Ontario under the HCP stream. My EE profile points are 471 as a single applicant. Draw was on Feb 8th 24' and cut off for the draw was 471-480 points.Once I apply for this stream, and IF I get the Ontario Provincial PNP nomination, I will get 600 points added to my EE profile.
I read that these points basically ensure i get an ITA in the draws proceeding my nomination(Please correct me if im wrong).

I am currently unmarried but was planning to get married mid-year. Due to this sudden PNP invite which i was not expecting, I am considering pre-poning my marriage to be able to take my spouse to Canada(I read that the spousal sponsor route takes very long and hence am think it would be better to add him to my profile itself)

1.I want to know if its possible to 1. even add my spouse to my EE profile after receiving the OINP Nomination(600 pts). If yes then,

2.I want to know when I should add my spouse to my EE profile (AFTER I receive a PNP nomination and before I receive an ITA? Or some other time?)

2. What qualifications of my dependent contribute to my CRs score(my profile will be the primary application and his will be dependent)

fyi-I couldnt show common law partner as we dont stay together thanks in advance!We have been together since 2021, and if we get married, adding hhim on my application will make my profie 474 points.

Last edited: