+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married after receiving Ontario Nomination

lone_ranger

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Hi guys,

All are fine

My question is related to OINP Nomination, EE application and family composition change

I have gathered some information about how family composition impacts the EE application and its processing.

As per my understanding, if a person gets married and adds spouse in its application in EE after receiving AOR (acknowledgement of receipt), the points are not recalculated and the spouse medical and proof of funds need to be submitted only and any such information as immigration officer may require on case to case basis.

What I am confused about is how does it work in case of OINP.

For example, I receive an Ontario NOI and apply. Subsequently, my nomination is approved. After receiving EE ITA and in POST AOR stage, I get married. How will it impact my OINP nomination, will my nomination score be recalculated and do I need to update OINP regarding the change in family composition or informing IRCC is enough?

Please advise

PG12

Sep 22, 2016
Hi guys,

All are fine

My question is related to OINP Nomination, EE application and family composition change

I have gathered some information about how family composition impacts the EE application and its processing.

As per my understanding, if a person gets married and adds spouse in its application in EE after receiving AOR (acknowledgement of receipt), the points are not recalculated and the spouse medical and proof of funds need to be submitted only and any such information as immigration officer may require on case to case basis.

For example, I receive an Ontario NOI and apply. Subsequently, my nomination is approved. After receiving EE ITA and in POST AOR stage, I get married. How will it impact my OINP nomination, will my nomination score be recalculated and do I need to update OINP regarding the change in family composition or informing IRCC is enough?

Please advise
As per my knowledge you have to apply for spouse visa after you get PR and then your spouse can come canada after you, the processing time now is around 10-12 months.

ahossain03

Jun 29, 2021
Hi guys,

All are fine

Please advise
Hi,

Can you please share your experience here? I am also in a similar condition. Received OINP nomination and 600 is added. But I am thinking of getting married. I am confused about when and how to add my spouse. I am a bit worried that it might put my application on hold or it will be delayed. Your experience would really help.

mv9748

May 9, 2023
Hi,

Can you please share your experience here? I am also in a similar condition. Received OINP nomination and 600 is added. But I am thinking of getting married. I am confused about when and how to add my spouse. I am a bit worried that it might put my application on hold or it will be delayed. Your experience would really help.
Hello!! Could you please share your experience on how you handled this situation?