+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married after receiving OINP nomination and ITA

vikram57

Jul 24, 2019
I got OINP nomination as single and later got ITA as a single applicant. However, I got married after receiving ITA. My total CRS is 1041 (441 + 600 from nomination)

What is the procedure or steps I need to take in that case??
Do I need to inform both OINP and CIC? Or I should just submit the eAPR as married with spouse MEDICAL and PCC?

Please let me know. I am stuck currently.

1Humanity

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
25/01/2020
I got OINP nomination as single and later got ITA as a single applicant. However, I got married after receiving ITA. My total CRS is 1041 (441 + 600 from nomination)

Do I need to inform both OINP and CIC? Or I should just submit the eAPR as married with spouse MEDICAL and PCC?

Hello dears,
During the processing of your application you may need to perform updates and send additional documents. You can send updates and documents by webform (CSE) using the link - https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Tca

Sep 22, 2020

How did you fix this?

Tca

Sep 22, 2020
You need to inform OINP and show you have enough funds for 2 applicants. Send an email with form 0161E - "Change of Personal Information". Explain that you got married in the field above your signature and that you have the funds for 2. Attach new POF. If they agree to still sponsor you, then you just change your EE application to 2 applicants and attach the OINP email to your LOE. In my case they replied with a rather generic emails along the lines of "You must apply within 6 months of nomination. The nomination certificate only lists the name of the applicant. You can also include your spouse and dependents in your application for permanent residence."
Thank you for your exhaustive and kind reply. What if they decide not to sponsor me again after telling them I am married? Someone said it is safer to do it POST AOR. what is your opinion on this? After AOR?

Tca

Sep 22, 2020
Ok then. It's better to inform OINP and IRCC and get their approval after AOR.

Dhmrtn

Jun 24, 2021
You need to inform OINP and show you have enough funds for 2 applicants. Send an email with form 0161E - "Change of Personal Information". Explain that you got married in the field above your signature and that you have the funds for 2. Attach new POF. If they agree to still sponsor you, then you just change your EE application to 2 applicants and attach the OINP email to your LOE. In my case they replied with a rather generic emails along the lines of "You must apply within 6 months of nomination. The nomination certificate only lists the name of the applicant. You can also include your spouse and dependents in your application for permanent residence."
Hello, please did you also update your EE profile as well and please what is the update