+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married after CoPR landing issues

asvguy

Apr 26, 2022
Hi all,

I received my COPR recently and planning on doing soft landing in August. My plan is to also get married in November and I am wondering if this will be a problem for the application or my status ?

From what i read, marriage before landing is a bad thing since its misrepresentation. But getting married after landing isn't really a problem but i'm not too sure about the soft landing process and its rules. Can someone please advice ?

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,

I received my COPR recently and planning on doing soft landing in August. My plan is to also get married in November and I am wondering if this will be a problem for the application or my status ?

From what i read, marriage before landing is a bad thing since its misrepresentation. But getting married after landing isn't really a problem but i'm not too sure about the soft landing process and its rules. Can someone please advice ?

Thanks.
There is no issue getting married after landing. Your plans are fine.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Awesome. Just to be clear, i probably won't have my PR card in hand while i'm getting married. That won't be a problem right ?
Doesn't matter.

Jul 11, 2022
Guys,

Can anyone help me with my issue? I got my Copr stamped very recently. During this process, I got married last month. When I tried to update my marital status using a webform. I got the following response

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that it is not necessary to provide additional documentation if you do not currently have an application in process with IRCC.

Since a final decision was already made on your application, the information you provided will not be added to your file.

If applicable, we invite you to include this information when you submit a new application.

This led me to a couple of questions:

1) Can I do a soft landing without any issues as I have already updated IRCC with my marital status?

2) Can I sponsor my spouse as soon as I move to Canada?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,
southwindsor_ct