+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting Express Entry ITA while having submitted an application for PNP

May 18, 2016
I am registered in the Express Entry system, I have 464 points, no ITA so far.
Plus at some point I sent and Expression of Interest to the New Brunswick PNP programme. Now they say I have been selected and may send the full application to New Brunswick.

The question is, what happens if tomorrow I send my application for the PNP, and next day I get an ITA from the Express Entry, just based on my points? Will I be able to withdraw my PNP application and go on with the federal programme? Or will I have to stick with PNP?

The thing is I prefer federal to PNP because the latter takes longer and costs additional money, but as for now, I already have an ITA from PNP, but not from federal, so I'm not sure what to do.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
greengreentari said:
I am registered in the Express Entry system, I have 464 points, no ITA so far.
Plus at some point I sent and Expression of Interest to the New Brunswick PNP programme. Now they say I have been selected and may send the full application to New Brunswick.

The question is, what happens if tomorrow I send my application for the PNP, and next day I get an ITA from the Express Entry, just based on my points? Will I be able to withdraw my PNP application and go on with the federal programme? Or will I have to stick with PNP?

The thing is I prefer federal to PNP because the latter takes longer and costs additional money, but as for now, I already have an ITA from PNP, but not from federal, so I'm not sure what to do.
If you get direct ITA, you can withdraw your nominee application. You may have to refer to the province specific guidelines and process for nominee application withdrawal.