+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting ECA for chartered accountancy CMA/ACA/CA/CPA NOC 1111 - Asivad Anac??

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Once and for all.. I've killed my eyes searching for an answer for this..

1) In order to apply under 1111, do you need to get your chartered accountancy certificate assessed? Because the "employment requirements" mentions both a uni degree and an accountancy certificate.

2) If 1) = yes, do we just chuck it to WES to do the ECA or does it need to go to a specific party?

All the answers I've found through search have ranged from "answered in a different tread" to "yes" and "no". ??? Anyone with prior experience?

I have the CMA (US) btw. Made the title inclusive to hopefully assist people in the future.

Thanks!

Gabbana

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
07-10-2015
Nomination.....
26-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Med's Done....
13-07-2015
Ufa6174 said:
Hello,

Once and for all.. I've killed my eyes searching for an answer for this..

1) In order to apply under 1111, do you need to get your chartered accountancy certificate assessed? Because the "employment requirements" mentions both a uni degree and an accountancy certificate.

2) If 1) = yes, do we just chuck it to WES to do the ECA or does it need to go to a specific party?

All the answers I've found through search have ranged from "answered in a different tread" to "yes" and "no". ??? Anyone with prior experience?

I have the CMA (US) btw. Made the title inclusive to hopefully assist people in the future.

Thanks!
If you're applying under FSW, only your university degree (diploma and transcript of records) needs to be assessed.

If PNP, depending on the province, your titles should be assessed by the accounting body of that province, if you're going to work being on those titles.

Take the case of SINP. If you're into public practice, then it needs to be assessed by their accounting body. But if your plan is to be employed as a private accountant, bookkeeper or accounting technician, then you don't have to.

I have those titles but I applied under FSW. WES does not assess the titles. They are on general aspects only particularly your educational credentials.

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks man. Hope to hear other opinions.

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
robstark said:
I applied under the same NOC, did not do anything about my accounting qualification (I have ACCA).
The question is, did you get ITA and submitted an application? If so, what was CIC feedback?

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
robstark said:
Yes, I got ITA and applied couple of weeks ago. Waiting for results ))
Congrats! Did you include the ACCA in your EE profile? If yes, did you just say you didn't get ECA for it when asked to?

robstark

Jul 28, 2015
I did not know that you can include your accounting certificate. Where? Under education? No, I did not include it. But in my application I uploaded a scan of my ACCA certificate together with my job reference letters, just in case.

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
robstark said:
I did not know that you can include your accounting certificate. Where? Under education? No, I did not include it. But in my application I uploaded a scan of my ACCA certificate together with my job reference letters, just in case.
Yes, under education.

Ideally we'd like to hear back from someone who got PR under 1111 and see what they did regarding their accounting certificate.

1) Included in the EE profile?
2) Did ECA?

robstark - please in the future, come back here and update us. Hope everything goes well with your application :)

robstark

Jul 28, 2015
The funny thing is I worked at a Big 4 public accounting firm for five years and reached a senior manager position, then quit and then got qualified with ACCA in a year (14 exams took a long time to pass). So am I eligible under NOC 1111? In substance, of course I am. But we will see the CIC's position..