+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting divorce after ppr

Trishona

Sep 1, 2018
Hi
Posting on behalf of a friend:

I am primary applicant and applied with my daughter. My husband didn’t want to migrate so showed him as unaccompanying. Few days back my husband wanted a divorce as he want to move in with other woman after I leave. I have received ppr. If I divorce him now and get a full custody of my son from him how will that effect my application? What is the best way to go through this without effecting my application?

afsar9930

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
This will delay your application as u need to submit your divorce certificate and documents that prove your child’s custody. Inform Cic by raising CSE that your circumstances are changed but first finalize the divorceZ

Trishona

Sep 1, 2018
This will delay your application as u need to submit your divorce certificate and documents that prove your child’s custody. Inform Cic by raising CSE that your circumstances are changed but first finalize the divorceZ
Thanks. By finalising you mean to wait 3 months and get confirmation of the divorce? Is it possible that she get the visa now and submit the divorce papers including confirmation later or may be after landing in Canada?

tanush14

Jun 13, 2018
Thanks. By finalising you mean to wait 3 months and get confirmation of the divorce? Is it possible that she get the visa now and submit the divorce papers including confirmation later or may be after landing in Canada?
It’s better to land in Canada and get her PR card then start the divorce proceedings.

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Hi
Posting on behalf of a friend:

I am primary applicant and applied with my daughter. My husband didn’t want to migrate so showed him as unaccompanying. Few days back my husband wanted a divorce as he want to move in with other woman after I leave. I have received ppr. If I divorce him now and get a full custody of my son from him how will that effect my application? What is the best way to go through this without effecting my application?
It is better she first lands in with her son. If she initiated the divorce proceedings and inform cic, it will delay as the divorce proceedings will take long and also the custody issue will need to be finalised with a lot of paper work to submit.

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
If she inform cic, they will first ask for proof of divorce that is divorce decree, and if she needs her son to accompany she will need her son's legal custody papers to submit and also her husband's approval, without which she can't take her out of the country.
Better to do landing and then initiated divorce.
This assuming they haven't yet started.

Trishona

Sep 1, 2018
If she inform cic, they will first ask for proof of divorce that is divorce decree, and if she needs her son to accompany she will need her son's legal custody papers to submit and also her husband's approval, without which she can't take her out of the country.
Better to do landing and then initiated divorce.
This assuming they haven't yet started.
Okey. She also want to land first but not sure if initiating divorce afterwards will effect her pr or her daughter’s custody will raise an issue. Her husband already gave her approval to take the kid with her to Canada, its some kind of CIC form. I am not sure if she discussed that her husband would let her have full custody over her daughter. Is it possible to get custody from Canada to her home country?

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
I won't be able to answer that one.
The form he signed is because he is not accompanying them and she can't take her kid without consent from him.
I don't know how it would affect her pr if she initiates divorce post landing. Whether it will or not you will have to get in touch with a lawyer for that.
She need to sort it out with her husband in details I guess.

Okey. She also want to land first but not sure if initiating divorce afterwards will effect her pr or her daughter’s custody will raise an issue. Her husband already gave her approval to take the kid with her to Canada, its some kind of CIC form. I am not sure if she discussed that her husband would let her have full custody over her daughter. Is it possible to get custody from Canada to her home country?