Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
Hi Fellows
Member - Seab and Ukie here know how to get PR in less than 6 months, but wont share it with us.
This isn't right, we all have the right to know how to get ours done faster too.

Pls ... SEAB and UKIE oh wont u pls share with us how to get PR soon ????

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Winterfox said:
Hi Fellows
Member - Seab and Ukie here know how to get PR in less than 6 months, but wont share it with us.
This isn't right, we all have the right to know how to get ours done faster too.

Not sure if you are joking or not but this actually used to be the case or at least the promise of the CEC program. I distinctly remember when people from CIC came to my school and gave a presentation on CEC and its benefits. They were adamant that it's the fastest program and after gaining the one year work experience required post graduation, it only takes 5-6 months for high-tech applicants to receive their PR.

This was 2009 though and once the pilot phase was over things changed drastically. Read this for more:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/processing-time-t94487.0.html

I could have rushed things myself but I was always under the impression that it's only a half year process so didn't apply as early as I could have.

from_mumbai

Mar 4, 2013
Ontario
thisisauser said:
Not sure if you are joking or not but this actually used to be the case or at least the promise of the CEC program. I distinctly remember when people from CIC came to my school and gave a presentation on CEC and its benefits. They were adamant that it's the fastest program and after gaining the one year work experience required post graduation, it only takes 5-6 months for high-tech applicants to receive their PR.

This was 2009 though and once the pilot phase was over things changed drastically. Read this for more:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/processing-time-t94487.0.html

I could have rushed things myself but I was always under the impression that it's only a half year process so didn't apply as early as I could have.
Thats true,

back at that time, CEC was a new category and wasn't that popular. Processing times were actually lower than 6 months as you said.

Calgary27

Apr 5, 2013
Winterfox said:
Hi Fellows

What do you mean ?

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good old times. Even 6 months ago the processing times were on average ~7-9 months. Most 2012 Feb-March applicants got their PR by mid December. Right now looks like we are heading towards 11-12 months processing for the rest of 2012 applicants.