+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting cash from father for POF.

Hannan Khan

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Hi peeps. I am getting cash from my father and depositing it into my account. My question is if I have to provide any other proofs apart from gift deed and bank statement. More specifically, do I need to provide further proofs as to where this money came from. Being a cash deposit, I would not be able to trace any transactions back to my father's account.

cinagardens

Sep 24, 2022
Did you this solve this issue? If yes, how did you do it?
Hi KOMARI,

How did you work out for you? Were you able to provide the documents?
Could you please share the format and the documents you provided ?
I received cash gift that I deposited in my account and it is around half the amount I require, I am a bit stressed about showing this. ITA - aug 31st and the deposits were between june- july

Please help out! Thanks loads!

KOMARI

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
Hi KOMARI,

How did you work out for you? Were you able to provide the documents?
Could you please share the format and the documents you provided ?
I received cash gift that I deposited in my account and it is around half the amount I require, I am a bit stressed about showing this. ITA - aug 31st and the deposits were between june- july

Please help out! Thanks loads!
Hi there,
Don't worry about it. I had my mother in law deposit the whole sum in my account. No problem whatsoever. I don't have the documents I have provided with me right now. I'll look for them and if I find them will send them to you. But basically all you need is the following:
1- Have him/her put the cash in his/her bank account first.
2- Have him/her take the whole sum out of the bank and take a picture of the receipt that proves the money is his/her.
3- Deposit the same amount of money in your account and take a photo of the receipt that shows the amount of the money that was deposited (even if you deposited yourself, as I did, but it's better if the name of whoever is depositing the money figures out in the receipt).
4- Write a gift deed with his or her ID and bank account details.
5- Get it signed by both of you and then stamped in the town hall
6- Scan all these evidences, send them and you're good to go.
Hope this helps.

cinagardens

Sep 24, 2022
Hi there,
Don't worry about it. I had my mother in law deposit the whole sum in my account. No problem whatsoever. I don't have the documents I have provided with me right now. I'll look for them and if I find them will send them to you. But basically all you need is the following:
1- Have him/her put the cash in his/her bank account first.
2- Have him/her take the whole sum out of the bank and take a picture of the receipt that proves the money is his/her.
3- Deposit the same amount of money in your account and take a photo of the receipt that shows the amount of the money that was deposited (even if you deposited yourself, as I did, but it's better if the name of whoever is depositing the money figures out in the receipt).
4- Write a gift deed with his or her ID and bank account details.
5- Get it signed by both of you and then stamped in the town hall
6- Scan all these evidences, send them and you're good to go.
Hope this helps.
Hi KOMARI,

Thanks a lot for your prompt response, please do send me the documents should you find them on this address: munnybunny196@gmail.com

Thanks again!!
And congrats on PPR!! :)

Reactions: KOMARI