+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting Biometrics for Study Permit

TheKing

Sep 17, 2015
Hi, I applied for Study permit within Canada as a temporary visitor from Nigeria, it was rejected, I have now been advised to apply through Los Angeles office. I did the biometrics before. Do I need to do another Biometrics to accompany my application when sending to Los Angeles? The last biometrics I did was just late last year 2017.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi, I applied for Study permit within Canada as a temporary visitor from Nigeria, it was rejected, I have now been advised to apply through Los Angeles office. I did the biometrics before. Do I need to do another Biometrics to accompany my application when sending to Los Angeles? The last biometrics I did was just late last year 2017.
1. Yes, from IRCC

Will I need to go in person to give my fingerprints and photograph each time I apply?
Yes. We ask you to give your biometrics so we can make sure no one else can use your identity to apply. It helps visa officers to verify your identity.

If you are approved for a multiple-entry visa, you will only need to give your biometrics once, when you first apply. You would not need to do so again unless you apply for a study or work permit during the time your visa is valid.

TheKing

Sep 17, 2015
Okay, I was on visitor permit from Nigeria; during my valid stay, I applied for study permit; however the approval delayed; whilst waiting for the approval, my visitor visa expired. Then IRCC refused my application and I was advised to apply through LA office. I did that on Tuesday and today, I just received a disturbing email:

"This email is to inform you that your application has been received by the Visa Application Centre (VAC), unfortunately we do not process by mail application that required biometrics , please you can sent us a returned label or purchased a returned label with us in order for us to returned your application"

Please what do I do? I had since applied extend my visitor permit. My course is supposed to start in January 2018, I have paid all fees and my accommodation is running and I am frightened !!!