+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting an LMO for new nanny while current nanny still working for us?

lucybear05

Star Member
Mar 17, 2012
Hi everyone. I am an employer with a question about the process of hiring a second nanny. We currently have a LCP nanny who lives in. She is great. She will be able to apply for her OWP and PR in about May. So by the end of the summer, assuming no complications, she will have an OWP.

We have a 3 year old, and also 4 month old twins. I am on maternity leave right now for the twins. I go back to work September 1. For the first two years after I return to work, while the twins are still very young, we would like to have TWO nannies. We had a frank discussion with our current nanny, and asked what her long-term plans are. She told us she has no plans to stop nannying, and wants to keep working here even after she has an OWP. I trust her, and I think she's telling the truth. I think she is comfortable enough with us that if she wanted to move on when she gets her OWP, she would tell us that.

Anyway, she has a cousin in Hong Kong. We want to hire her cousin as our second nanny. We want to get this process started now, so that the new nanny can work for us for a few months and settle in before I go back to work.

So I am starting the LMO process. But I have questions about it, since we currently already HAVE a live-in nanny.

1. Should I disclose in my application that I already have a livein nanny, and make it clear we want a second one?

2. Right around the time this second nanny arrives, our current nanny will no longer be an LCP nanny, because she will get an OWP. We only have one spare bedroom. Our current nanny will move out when the second one arrives. Is this going to be an issue for us getting the LMO (ie. that we only have one extra bedroom?).

3. Anything else I need to be aware of, in this situation where I am applying for an LMO for nanny 2 when nanny 1 is still with us? Lots of people must do this when they have concluded they want to fire their current live-in nanny, and secretly start the process of getting a new one without even telling their current one. How do these people handle the LMO process? Do they just disclose their plans?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

leogal

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Visa Office......
cpc-v
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
24-02-2014 RPRF/NBI
AOR Received.
12-04-2013 LC2
Med's Request
24-02-2014 CPC-V
Med's Done....
17-03-2014
Hi,
I worked as a live in nanny before. When I applied for my PR and open work permit and still works at my employer, she already applied for an LMO for the new nanny. she just need to tell that shes applying for a new nanny because I will be leaving when I get my open work permit. I think it wouldnt be a problem, I assume you already know the LMO process in getiing a nanny and with all the ads you need to do.. Godbless