+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting an ITA before completion of 1 year under CEC!!

Richie....

Apr 15, 2015
Hello Guys!!

I have a doubt in mind. I am applying under CEC. My 1 year of work finishes on Sep 29, 2015. Now when I create a profile, its prompting that I am eligible although my 1 year is not complete yet. Can I get in the pool and is that fine if I get ITA in Sep and I accept it before 29th. I can get all other documents ready and after 29th I will submit the work experience reference letter, in order to save some time. Would that cause a problem or misrepresentation.
Please advise.

Cheers!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes. Because till 29th Sep, you wouldn't deserve the points on the basis of which you might get an ITA. Recommend that you wait till 11/29 before entering the EE pool.

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't see a huge problem with it as long as when you submit your documents at that time you have the 1 year experience. But I'd honestly just wait to avoid any possible issues. You don't want to mess up your chances at PR over something silly like applying before you actually should have.

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if the ITA you get for say 490 points and the draw was closed at 450. At anypoint while submitting the applications if your personal score falls below 450, you're in trouble.
A couple points here and there shoudn't be problem if you're not on the absolute border of the draw score. If I were you, I would go ahead and create a profile on my 11th month experience atleast, I mean you have nothing to loose right!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Richie.... said:
I have a doubt in mind. I am applying under CEC. My 1 year of work finishes on Sep 29, 2015. Now when I create a profile, its prompting that I am eligible although my 1 year is not complete yet. Can I get in the pool and is that fine if I get ITA in Sep and I accept it before 29th. I can get all other documents ready and after 29th I will submit the work experience reference letter, in order to save some time. Would that cause a problem or misrepresentation.
You MUST be eligible at the time you submit your profile. If you accept an ITA based on an ineligible profile, your application will be refused.

You can simply prepare a profile but not submit it until after the 29th. You can start getting your documents ready any time...

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jes_ON said:
You MUST be eligible at the time you submit your profile. If you accept an ITA based on an ineligible profile, your application will be refused.

You can simply prepare a profile but not submit it until after the 29th. You can start getting your documents ready any time...
Can you give a reference for this? It seems possible to me that the point at which the applicant must have completed a year is when the application is submitted, rather than when the profile is created.

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dobes said:
Can you give a reference for this? It seems possible to me that the point at which the applicant must have completed a year is when the application is submitted, rather than when the profile is created.
For him to be eligible in that category, he needs to give the time period of experience. Given that he cannot give any future dates, the system might not take his application into the pool.

Baljas

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-02-2016 pcc required for both applicant and spouse
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
IELTS Request
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
27-01-2016 (passed) BG check in progress 27-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
Same boat buddy. Got the points for two years work exp in canada but going to complete the 2 legitimate years in oct .

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
dobes said:
OK - it's neither - it's at the time the ITA is issued. So if you get an ITA before you are eligible, you'll want to decline. Not much fun.

"Candidates are responsible for ensuring that their Express Entry profile is accurate and up to date at all times, as they will be assessed on the information contained in their profile at the time an ITA is issued."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/pool.asp

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jes_ON said:
OK - it's neither - it's at the time the ITA is issued. So if you get an ITA before you are eligible, you'll want to decline. Not much fun.

"Candidates are responsible for ensuring that their Express Entry profile is accurate and up to date at all times, as they will be assessed on the information contained in their profile at the time an ITA is issued."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/pool.asp
Thanks. That's what I was looking for. Then doesn't it make sense to spare yourself the pain of declining an ITA by entering the pool as soon as you complete the year and not a moment sooner?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
dobes said:
Thanks. That's what I was looking for. Then doesn't it make sense to spare yourself the pain of declining an ITA by entering the pool as soon as you complete the year and not a moment sooner?
I would think so.

ivampjr

Aug 10, 2017
Kitchener
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-10-2017
Passport Req..
25-10-2017
Hello Guys!!

Please advise.

Cheers!
I am seeing myself in the same situation you described. I just received an ITA, but did not complete the 12 required months.
Were you able to get some extra information before coming to a decision on what to do? And, if you don't mind, can you share what have you done?

Thank you

nibaa0909

Jun 9, 2019
Any update on this thread, i will soon be on the same boat, my 1 yr CEC is on 15th Aug, but i might get points for canada exp on 1st Jul, if i get ITA, what should i do?

Umarama29

Jun 26, 2020
Any update on this thread, i will soon be on the same boat, my 1 yr CEC is on 15th Aug, but i might get points for canada exp on 1st Jul, if i get ITA, what should i do?
Hi, I am also in the same boat.... do you think we can accept ITA and submit the profile as soon as complete 1 year...as this is IRCC system who made us CEC eligible and not us who is claiming these points. did any one got PR in this situation.