+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting a Visitors Record at the airport while waiting for PR?

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Hey guys!

I've been doing my research and it looks like applying online for a change of my status to visitor will be a pain!

I'm on IEC at the moment. This expires on March 14th. On March 3rd, my partner and I are going to Mexico and returning into Vancouver airport on the 10th, 4 days before my visa expires.

I will have paid for, and sent off my application for outland commonlaw PR by the end of this week.

My questions are these:

1. Can my partner and I ask an immigration officer to change my status from worker to visitor and obtain a visitors record at the airport, allowing me to stay in Canada during the processing of my PR?

We will be able to provide proof of the PR, including that we have paid for it and sent it off and that my partner will be able to and willing to support me during my stay through a letter from her work and her contract.
We will NOT be able to provide proof of ties back to the UK for me, as I have NOT lived there for 2 years, I dont have a job there or a house. I have been living in Canada.

Will this be ok?

2. If not, would it be best to flagpole at the peace arch before we go on our vacation and apply for a visitors record there?

3. OR, should I wait until I return to Canada and apply for a change of my conditions then from worker to visitor?

Thanks for any help at all guys! This process is scaring me and I don't want to be denied entry back into Canada. My life is here, including my partner (fiance) and I would very much like to stay here while we wait for my PR to be approved! I have heard some horror stories about people asking for a VR at the airport.

Gary