+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting a ticket for jaywalking - will it affect PR application?

hejsamuel

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Dear all,
I believe I mostly already know the answer to this question but I just wanted to post this here and hear your experiences to get a peace of mind.
I wasn't paying attention while crossing the streets in Montreal and got a ticket for jaywalking. Will this show up on any records necessary for my future PR application, or would this possibly be a basis for being inadmissible to Canada?
From a brief research I understood traffic tickets like these are not criminal or indictable offenses and will not show up in police certificate or affect the application. Any opinions from you will be appreciated. I know the question sounds even a little ridiculous but I am just seeking for confirmation.
Thanks in advance!

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Dear all,
I believe I mostly already know the answer to this question but I just wanted to post this here and hear your experiences to get a peace of mind.
I wasn't paying attention while crossing the streets in Montreal and got a ticket for jaywalking. Will this show up on any records necessary for my future PR application, or would this possibly be a basis for being inadmissible to Canada?
From a brief research I understood traffic tickets like these are not criminal or indictable offenses and will not show up in police certificate or affect the application. Any opinions from you will be appreciated. I know the question sounds even a little ridiculous but I am just seeking for confirmation.
Thanks in advance!
No, it won't affect in any way. Relax.

Reactions: hejsamuel