+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting a temporary work after applying for PR under CEC

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have applied for PR under CEC about 2 months ago. I'm currently in Canada, but was unemployed when applied for PR. Am still unemployed, but thinking about getting a temporary job (say 1, 2 days a week) to make some money until I get my new dream job.

Could someone let me know if I need to report this to CIC, if I decide to get a temporary job? Would getting a light temporary job (like a cashier job or something like that, which is not under the NOC that I have applied for) adversely affect my application.

Any reply/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Hi there,

As long as you have a work-permit you can apply for any job you desire! You can work as many/less hours as you like! Unless you were sponsored by a company (LMIA situation) and your work permit is only valid for working for the named company or you don't hold a work permit. If latter conditions apply to you, you can not work for any other company or at all.

All the best mate,

Reactions: aasaf

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
Hi there,

As long as you have a work-permit you can apply for any job you desire! You can work as many/less hours as you like! Unless you were sponsored by a company (LMIA situation) and your work permit is only valid for working for the named company or you don't hold a work permit. If latter conditions apply to you, you can not work for any other company or at all.

All the best mate,
Thanks!

Do you think that I should report it to CIC? And if I do so, will it adversely affect my application, as my primary NOC is 4011 ("University Professors and Lecturers") but the job I'm going to take is just a general labour one (1, 2 days a week so that I can work on my own project).

I know it is hard to answer this question. I just want to know your opinion. Thanks

Any other comments would be much appreciated as well.

Cheers

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Thanks!

Do you think that I should report it to CIC? And if I do so, will it adversely affect my application, as my primary NOC is 4011 ("University Professors and Lecturers") but the job I'm going to take is just a general labour one (1, 2 days a week so that I can work on my own project).

I know it is hard to answer this question. I just want to know your opinion. Thanks

Cheers
No need to declare it.

Reactions: aasaf and rezafc

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Thanks!

Cheers

As Vitesze mentioned, no need to declare it! All the best.

Reactions: aasaf