+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting a Study permit while pregnant

Sashelle

Apr 17, 2018
Hi

I dont know if anyone is going through this right now but i am currently 24 weeks pregnant and I am due to give birth aug 1. Classes begin sept 4th and I would love to have my baby in canada.
Would they turn me back at the port if i am to arrive in July? Or will i be denied a study permit? I have suffienct funds to cover the cost of birth center and midwife

ericusdab

Mar 24, 2017
Hi

I dont know if anyone is going through this right now but i am currently 24 weeks pregnant and I am due to give birth aug 1. Classes begin sept 4th and I would love to have my baby in canada.
Would they turn me back at the port if i am to arrive in July? Or will i be denied a study permit? I have suffienct funds to cover the cost of birth center and midwife
I don’t think so but ask

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Have you been approved for a study permit? If you haven't, it is quite unlikely that you will be approved. You won't be able to give the chest x-ray for the medicals

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

Even if you are able to get a study permit and travel to Canada before the birth, there is a good chance of being refused entry. It will be hard for CBSA to be convinced that you are a genuine student.

Also note that if there are any complications, the costs of the birth could quickly skyrocket to hundreds of thousands of dollars or more.

I suggest you re-think your plan.