+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting a Nomination/PNP from Ontario

aqibshabbir

Feb 19, 2018
Hello All,

So I see a lot of threads about the PNP that are almost from 2016 and since then a lot of things would have had changed. That is why I decided to post a new thread to see if I can grab some very meaningful information about this. Here are my questions:
  1. Did anyone of you ever get a nomination from Ontario even if you did not have a job offer ?
  2. I know that on the Ontario immigration website, they have mentioned the processing times for offering the nomination to a candidate, but I would like to hear it from the person who has actually got a nomination recently or his/her friend/relative has got a nomination recently or any other information about this.
  3. If my current CRS score is 430 how likely may I get the ITA without PNP ?
  4. If I apply for PNP but I get an ITA even before I have been awarded a nomination, will they refund my fee ? Will there be any other thing that I need to keep in mind ?
  5. How long does it take to get NOI(Notification of Interest) from Ontario after I have created my Express Entry Profile ?
  6. Once I have been nominated by Ontario, it will definitely boost up my CRS Score; Should I expect an ITA very next invitation round as I will have a CRS Score of about 1030 points (430 current + 600 PNP) ?
I will be very thankful to anyone who will help me with the above (all or any) points.

jagadeesh1108

May 21, 2017
Hello All,

So I see a lot of threads about the PNP that are almost from 2016 and since then a lot of things would have had changed. That is why I decided to post a new thread to see if I can grab some very meaningful information about this. Here are my questions:
  1. Did anyone of you ever get a nomination from Ontario even if you did not have a job offer ?
    Yes, you will get nomination even without a job offer.
  2. I know that on the Ontario immigration website, they have mentioned the processing times for offering the nomination to a candidate, but I would like to hear it from the person who has actually got a nomination recently or his/her friend/relative has got a nomination recently or any other information about this.
    What info you exactly looking for? I have many friends who got ONIP last year and it took 3 -5 months for them to get 600 pts.
  3. If my current CRS score is 430 how likely may I get the ITA without PNP ?
    Last year, CRS has went till 413. ONIP is valid for 6 months (don't create one key registration) and you can wait and watch the CRS score. If there is no light with CRS score then go ahead with ONIP.
  4. If I apply for PNP but I get an ITA even before I have been awarded a nomination, will they refund my fee ? Will there be any other thing that I need to keep in mind ?
    It depends. (a) I got PNP last year and I paid $1500 CAD. My ONIP processing was very quick and I was in final stage for approval. In the meantime, I got ITA and was advised to go with either ONIP or ITA. I picked ITA and withdrawn ONIP. There was no fund for me since my profile was picked and someone was working on it. (b) On my friend case, no one was picked his profile for processing. So, he has got refund from ONIP.
  5. How long does it take to get NOI(Notification of Interest) from Ontario after I have created my Express Entry Profile ?
    ONIP opens a window for certain period and you need to watch CIC website for the details. I created profile in Feb 2016 and received NOI on the same month.
  6. Once I have been nominated by Ontario, it will definitely boost up my CRS Score; Should I expect an ITA very next invitation round as I will have a CRS Score of about 1030 points (430 current + 600 PNP) ?
    Yes, you will get ITA the very next draw since your score is 1030 pts.
I will be very thankful to anyone who will help me with the above (all or any) points.

Reactions: aqibshabbir

aqibshabbir

Feb 19, 2018
Thanks so much Jagdeesh for such a quick and detailed response, I really appreciate this.
With reference to you response I have few more questions:

ONIP is valid for 6 months (don't create one key registration)
Does this mean that if I get ONIP but I am not able to get ITA within 6 months, the ONIP will expire and I will have to re-apply for ONIP ?

ONIP opens a window for certain period and you need to watch CIC website for the details

Do you have the web link where from I can see the ONIP Open Window or any details related to this ?

Additional Question:

I think while applying for the ONIP, candidate does not have an option to add his/her skills in details e-g certifications, achievements, training etc. Now the thing is that if I am Microsoft Certified, Oracle Certified, IBM Certified and Salesforce Certified, how and where can I mention all of my such successes and qualifications? Of-course, one has to look outstanding to get a quick nomination vs those candidates which are not as qualified as I am. So how do you suggest me to show my self as a potential candidate before ONIP authorities ?

Once again, a huge appreciation for your valuable time !!

aqibshabbir

Feb 19, 2018
Thanks so much @jagadeesh1108 for such a quick and detailed response, I really appreciate this.
With reference to you response I have few more questions:

ONIP is valid for 6 months (don't create one key registration)
Does this mean that if I get ONIP but I am not able to get ITA within 6 months, the ONIP will expire and I will have to re-apply for ONIP ?

ONIP opens a window for certain period and you need to watch CIC website for the details

Do you have the web link where from I can see the ONIP Open Window or any details related to this ?

Additional Question:

I think while applying for the ONIP, candidate does not have an option to add his/her skills in details e-g certifications, achievements, training etc. Now the thing is that if I am Microsoft Certified, Oracle Certified, IBM Certified and Salesforce Certified, how and where can I mention all of my such successes and qualifications? Of-course, one has to look outstanding to get a quick nomination vs those candidates which are not as qualified as I am. So how do you suggest me to show my self as a potential candidate before ONIP authorities ?

Once again, a huge appreciation for your valuable time !!

unli2020

Feb 5, 2018
Do we have to apply directly in Ontario website or will they pick our profile from Express entry pool?

yamaha.rx135

Oct 5, 2017
India
Hi all Experts,
I need your expert advice/help. I have checked my NOC as per my job roles, its 0211. After this I checked my CRS points in latest CRS tools, which showed 444 points.
However after EE profile submission, it shows in my application that my overall score is only 402!!
Can you please help me with what must have gone wrong? I am attaching both, CRS tool & EE profile scores below so that you can see both.
Please please help me, I am super confused and nervous.

CRS Tool scores
Core/Human capital factors
• Age = 80
• Level of education = 119
• Study in Canada = undefined
• Official Languages = 119
- First Official Language = 119
- Second Official Language = 0
• Canadian work experience = 0
Subtotal - Core/Human capital factors = 318
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spouse factors
• Level of education = 10
• First Official Languages = 16
• Canadian work experience = 0
Subtotal - Spouse factors = 26
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skill transferability factors
Education
• A) Official Language proficiency and education = 50
• B) Canadian work experience and education = 0
Subtotal = 50
Foreign work experience
• A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 50
• B) Canadian and foreign work experience = 0
Subtotal = 50
Certificate of qualification = 0
Subtotal Skill transferability factors = 100
Comprehensive Ranking System formula
Subtotal Core/Human capital + Spouse factors + Skill transferability = 444
Provincial nomination = 0
Job offer = 0
Study in Canada = 0
Sibling in Canada = 0
French-language skills = 0
Subtotal Additional points = 0
Grand total = 444

Express Entry scores (after submission)

Application status
Your profile number - E001004491
Profile Status - You are a candidate. We will send you a message if you are invited to apply.
Minimum entry criteria - You meet the minimum entry criteria.
Date you submitted your profile - February 19, 2018
Have I been invited to apply? - You do not have an invitation to apply at this time.
Province/territory of nomination - We have not received a nomination by a province or territory at this time. We will send you a message if you are nominated.
Nominating province/territory -
Valid job offer -

If no score is displayed, please check that you have met Minimum Entry Criteria above. If you have met the Minimum Entry Criteria but your score is not displayed, wait for 24 hours then try again.

Express Entry Profile Details
Federal Skilled Worker - Met
Provincial Nominee Program - Not Met
Canadian Experience Class - Not Met
Federal Skilled Trades - Not Met
Overall Score - 402
CRS - Human Capital - Age - 80
CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education - 112
CRS - Human Capital - First Official Language Proficiency - 119
CRS - Human Capital - Second Official Language Proficiency - 0
CRS - Human Capital - Canadian Work Experience - 0
CRS - Spouse - Level of Education - 0
CRS - Spouse - First Official Language Proficiency - 16
CRS - Spouse - Canadian Work Experience - 0
CRS - Skill Transferability - Education - 25
CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience - 50
CRS - Additional - French Proficiency or Bilingualism - 0
CRS - Additional - PR or Canadian Sibling - 0
CRS - Skill Transferability - Certificate of Qualification - 0
CRS - Canadian education - 0
CRS - Arranged Employment - 0
Provincial/Territorial Nomination - 0
Express Entry profile effective date - February 19, 2018
Express Entry client expiry date - February 19, 2019
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tashu Sharma

Jan 16, 2019
Hi All,

I really need someone to assist me here.

My profile is in EXPRESS entry pool draw since May 2017, earlier my score was 398 when it was in the pool draw, but I have recently cleared my Ielts exam and L-8, W-6.5, R_7, S-8, so now my scores are updated as 414.

How to I apply for different PNPs and by when can i expect to get invitation.

Need someone to assist me here.