21-10-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
19-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2017
Hello guys

I am in very odd situation. I become PR through PNP a few weeks ago. All the time during the application process and after landing I was intensively looking for jobs and sending applications in my province of nomination. Unfortunately, I didn't get any serious response so far. Meanwhile, after landing I connected with some people working in my field of expertise through the social networks and they offered me a job with a really good compensation, but the job is in a different province. The fact is that I will have very small, almost impossible chances to land this kind of job in the province I was nominated in the future. And I don't want to do any survival jobs and wasting my time if I have a better option.
So I am really trying to do what is right, but I also want to pursue good livelihood and career in my field of expertise.
So is the job offer a solid reason for moving out of the province and will my move be legally and morally justified?

Please share if you any similar experience
Appreciate your views

shefindian

Apr 30, 2018
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-nov-2016
Doc's Request.
24-01-2017
Nomination.....
28-02-2017
AOR Received.
06-07-2017
File Transfer...
26-07-2017
in my opinion, as the province has called you it will have apprehensions during the time of citizenship, therefore such kind of offer should be avoided if you have a pnp nomination, as they called you as you were required in that province....legally as of now, no province will stop you from accepting the job offer.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Morally wrong of course but legally there is nothing to stop you once landed as a PR to go where the work is. As to whether this affects any future citizenship applications no way to tell but would think unlikely given immigration would probably rather have an employed happy to be citizen than an unemployed one.

After all as well given citizenship could be a 5 year timeline just at application time let alone the wait post application it could be seen as morally unreasonable for any province to expect lives to be on hold . Citizenship qualification after all is physical presence in Canada not any one particular province.

Reactions: Darko986

Vyanisha

Aug 20, 2020
Hello, I am following this thread, would like to know what steps were finally taken by those in this situation.