+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting a job offer - BC

Talal205

Star Member
Feb 3, 2021
Hey guys,

I'm outside Canada and for sometime now I've been wondering, how can I get a job offer from a British Colombia employer either as an accountant or as an accounting technician? I know it is very hard but is there some organization that can help?
Job bank does not help since all available positions require me being there already.

I've heard that BC does not oblige employers to have LMIA, which is very hard to get for my profession.
Also, am I even able to work as an accountant, or do I have to do something about it beforehand?

Another thing is, I have a foreign friend who is there as a refugee, could he do anything to help?

I'm very much thankful to any help I get from you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey guys,

I'm outside Canada and for sometime now I've been wondering, how can I get a job offer from a British Colombia employer either as an accountant or as an accounting technician? I know it is very hard but is there some organization that can help?
Job bank does not help since all available positions require me being there already.

I've heard that BC does not oblige employers to have LMIA, which is very hard to get for my profession.
Also, am I even able to work as an accountant, or do I have to do something about it beforehand?

Another thing is, I have a foreign friend who is there as a refugee, could he do anything to help?

I'm very much thankful to any help I get from you.
Your best option is to apply for jobs directly with reputable employers (i.e. through the job sites on the company web sites). Unfortunately there are really no organizations that help with this process - it's up to you to independently find an employer.

I'm not sure how your friend who is a refugee can really help unless he is working for an employer with job openings in your field and knows or can put you in touch with the hiring manager (or be a reference for you).

Reactions: Talal205

Talal205

Star Member
Feb 3, 2021
Thank you very much for your answer. I'll try to get in touch with them and maybe he can help me with that.

The other thing is, my profession is regulated. Let's say that an employer has agreed to offer me the position, will that be an issue regarding my acceptance for an invitation? or is that only for when I start working? meaning I can get there first and start the whole process.