+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gettin New SIN Number

ohbruh

Jul 25, 2020
It takes up to 20 business days to receive new SIN, so you may not hear anything back until early February.

"If you apply for a SIN online or by mail and your application meets the requirements, you will receive a letter with your SIN by mail within 20 business days from the date the application is received. If more than 25 business days have passed and you would like to find out the status of your application, contact the SIN program. "

From: https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/apply.html
I know that but the past data (here) shows around 12-13 days. Thats why I am asking here.

NDNgo

Jan 5, 2019
Category........
CEC
Hi guys,
I applied for SIN online but I did not receive any confirmation email. Do they send anything to you? How do I know if they have my application?

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
Hi All,

Has anyone got a wrong information printed on their SIN and then got it corrected by contacting Service Canada? Reason I am asking is ,I do not have a middle name but the SIN which I received has a middle name (a part of my first name is printed as my middle name !!! ) I need to change that. So would like to know how do I do it ? I have been trying to contact Service Canada but there is no response.

Thanks in advance for your replies !! :)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi All,

Has anyone got a wrong information printed on their SIN and then got it corrected by contacting Service Canada? Reason I am asking is ,I do not have a middle name but the SIN which I received has a middle name (a part of my first name is printed as my middle name !!! ) I need to change that. So would like to know how do I do it ? I have been trying to contact Service Canada but there is no response.

Thanks in advance for your replies !! :)
1. No point, Service no longer issues physical SIN cards.

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
Hi

1. No point, Service no longer issues physical SIN cards.
i do not have a physical SIN card. I have the letter with my SIN number and my name (wrongly printed). So would like to know if there is a way to correct it?

Ovi6109

Star Member
Oct 26, 2020
i am a new PR and now staying at my relatives house. I dont have any rental agreements. So how can apply for new SIN or Health Card?