+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Get pregnant while processing my PR application

Gghemlyn

Nov 18, 2020
Hi! I just want to ask if there will be a delays of processing my PR application? I currently working here in Alberta as skilled worker and have my Open work permit that valids until April 2021 . Im under AINP (Paper based) and already done with biometric last October 2020. just waiting for Medical request is there any problem that I will encounter during process and what do I need to do? Thank you

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
The same thing happened to my wifewhen our PR application was being processed . There's nothing to worry for you, just make sure you send IRCC a webform when you deliver the baby to notify them the change of your family make up, that's all.

Gghemlyn

Nov 18, 2020
and what if my PR application still on going and my open permit will expired. is still affect my application for my open work permit?

Gghemlyn

Nov 18, 2020
because my consultant telling me that If I apply open work permit while waiting form my PR application and Im on maternity leave but still employed she said my application will not be approved.

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
Here is what happened to us: my wife was on a student visa and was on leave when I applied for her BOWP, and the application was uneventful. So like I said, you are all good.

Gghemlyn

Nov 18, 2020
yes, because before when I am applying for PR and my WP is expired I applied OWP and they just get me employment certificate to pass to Immigration and after months of waiting I got an approval and new OWP.