+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

get my passport back and i'm done too.

haoranlu

Sep 25, 2012
i go to NYC in person to pick up, it's been 60 days for my applications. i arrived in nyc consulate at 8:00. i get out with my passport with visa at 8:45.

tejapharmacy

Nov 2, 2012
Hi,

I am in similar situation, I have applied for study permit for Ph.D at NY consulate on September 27th. It has been almost 53 days but I did not get any response yet. I am thinking to consulate next week is it good idea! please respond!!

Thanks!

appleyan

Nov 21, 2012
haoranlu, do they allow you in for pick up if apply by mail?Did u apply by mail or in person? I sent my TRV application on Oct 10th and I haven't get any news back. I kinda worry right now.

shchen

Nov 21, 2012
Guys, can you please tell us more about how you picked you passports up in person? Did you mail the applications? If yes, how did you convince them to give the passports back to you in person? Did you contact them to arrange for pick up? What did you say when you showed up? What documents did you bring?

Please share the info, thanks in advance.

haoranlu

Sep 25, 2012
guys, i was having my thanksgiving vacation so i just got the chance to read your messages. If you just show up in the consulate there is no way you can get it back and if your process date is only about 50 days, the only way you could get your passport back is withdraw your application. It is a really strict rule. if u really want your passport, just apply in person. I get in touch with someone in the consulate so that i can get my passport back.

PM86

Nov 29, 2012
I was also in the same boat 2 weeks ago and could not resist myself to see what's happening there at the consulate office in new york. My documents were received on 27th Sep and I did not get get any response from them until 45 days that made me frustrated and nervous. Frustrated because I did not go there in person to apply and nervous because these people have tendency to loose your passport. I went down to new york from boston with copy of my application just in case. Outside the consulate building when security guard started making queue, I made clear to him that I have already mailed my application and I need to get my passport and canadian visa today as I am traveling to canada soon. He let me in and made me fill out Urgent processing form (you should have your passport number handy at this time) after which he told me to go somewhere and spend sometime until I get a call/email. After 2 hours or so, I got a call from Consulate officer to show up at consulate office (she made me more nervous as she did not mention whether my visa is issued or not). I waited patiently inside the waiting area for another an hr and collected my documents successfully at the end. So my experience is little bit different from some bloggers who got there passport within 45 mins at consulate office but the result is the same. I think if you can afford to drop a day at your work and go to NY office then it is worth it as it's nerve breaking to wait for your original documents especially passport and I797A.

Hope this helps.
PM86

shchen

Nov 21, 2012
PM86 said:
Hope this helps.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I have been waiting for almost two months now, and now I think it might be worth it to go in person and try to speed things up.

yuexin

Dec 4, 2012
I cant believe there are so many people who have the same situation as me. They received my application on Oct. 15th but I have not receive any form of reply till today. I am considering going to NY to get my passport back now. BTW, does anybody know how I can get into the Consulate without a passport? Or what kinds of documents I need to present to them?

Any help will be appreciated.