+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Get my new USA medications mailed to Canada

hemlockmark

Jun 15, 2016
Hey, I'll be visiting Canada while waiting for my Perm Residence so I'll be there more than a three months. I currently take non-narcotic prescription meds using USA insurance. I am planning to have the medication mailed to Canada by friends from here in the USA.

Is that legal?

Should I just get a USA doctor's prescription to fill in Canada?

Should I just pay a Canadian doc for an exam and to write up a prescript?

There is plenty online about travelling with, but not mailing, meds.
Thanks!

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
hemlockmark said:
Hey, I'll be visiting Canada while waiting for my Perm Residence so I'll be there more than a three months. I currently take non-narcotic prescription meds using USA insurance. I am planning to have the medication mailed to Canada by friends from here in the USA.

Is that legal?

Should I just get a USA doctor's prescription to fill in Canada?

Should I just pay a Canadian doc for an exam and to write up a prescript?

There is plenty online about travelling with, but not mailing, meds.
Thanks!
Since you will be here as a foreigner yes, prescription medication can be mailed to you. Note that it will be subject to customs. Also make sure copy of your prescription is attached to the medication.

http://www.fedex.com/ca_english/international/regulatorynews/prescriptionreminder.html

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
I explained to my insurance that I was visiting for six months and they asked for flight itinerary as proof, then gave me six months go my blood pressure pills. I took them with me.
If you get a dr appt and pay, the appt might not be expensive but if lab work or other tests are done, that will be expensive. At least that's what a BC pharmacist told me.
Looks like Jomz has the best answer for your situation.