+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Get married after CSQ. Help plz?

nidovan

Jul 7, 2012
I have obtained my CSQ recently as a single applicant, I am already engaged. i would like to get married in the next 3 months.
i dont want to apply for a new CSQ as married person as my file will go back to the priliminary stage and i risk to loose points witch mean loosing my CSQ.

1. to be on the safe side. Can I Get married, then proceeding with the federal process and mention that my wife will not accompanying me because she didnt have CSQ, Once arrived to canada i apply a sponsorship for her ?

2. Should i notify the BIQ (Burreau d'immigration Quebec) by Marital status changement knowing that my wife will not accompanying me on my first landing to canada.

3. In the federal applicant form they request "Reason why depandant (wife) is non-accompanying", is it enought to mention that my wife didn't have a CSQ without providing other detials ? Do you have suggestions ?

thanks.

speednab

Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Marriage after CSQ. Help plz?

I will have to let BIQ know once you get married even she is not going to accompany you in the first landing. Hence you will have to return your old CSQ and submit for a new you one with your wife.

jessica.c

May 27, 2012
hello did you get more information about this ???

i am getting married in august, got my csq in march....will add my husband... don't know exactly what will happen... so please share thank you :)

shrofana

Sep 27, 2012
I got my CSQ in montreal in feb 2011, applied for federal immigration in march 2011, got engaged in may 2011, sent my medical in june 2011 :). i have following questions:

1) If i get married now before my federal immigration is complete, instead of getting my CSQ can't i just notify MICC about circumstances change and pursue my application as single, and sponsor my wife after my immigration is complete ?

2) If yes how do i notify MICC and CIC ?

3) If NO, then, would getting a new CSQ mean, they may ask me to take french and ielts, and my wife to take french ?

please keep in mind that i did not have to take french when i got my CSQ as single since at that time the new law was just passed after i sent my application

Your advise will be very appreciated since i am very confused due to this when i call MICC they say one thing, CIC says another and each lawyer says yet another thing.

MAKY

Sep 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
Nomination.....
09-03-2010
AOR Received.
11-11-2010
Med's Request
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
11-11-2011
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
12-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2012
LANDED..........
11-11-2012
Is ur application at ur VO? If yes then Inform your VO once you get married.it will not change a thing.my husband added me after he got his certificate of selection for manitoba.we have added two babies to the appilication too

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
shrofana said:
I got my CSQ in montreal in feb 2011, applied for federal immigration in march 2011, got engaged in may 2011, sent my medical in june 2011 :). i have following questions:

1) If i get married now before my federal immigration is complete, instead of getting my CSQ can't i just notify MICC about circumstances change and pursue my application as single, and sponsor my wife after my immigration is complete ?

2) If yes how do i notify MICC and CIC ?

3) If NO, then, would getting a new CSQ mean, they may ask me to take french and ielts, and my wife to take french ?

please keep in mind that i did not have to take french when i got my CSQ as single since at that time the new law was just passed after i sent my application

Your advise will be very appreciated since i am very confused due to this when i call MICC they say one thing, CIC says another and each lawyer says yet another thing.
If you get married and then land as a single person without adding your wife to the application, you will NEVER be able to sponsor her. You will also commit misrepresentation which could lead to your PR status being revoked.

You only have two options.

1) Land in Canada first without getting married. Once you've landed in Canada and become a PR, return home and marry. Then sponsor your wife for PR status.

2) Get married now and add your wife to your application.

Again, DO NOT get married and then land as a single person. This will create problems for you that will be impossible to fix.

duhacker

Mar 14, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
LANDED..........
Hope for 2013
scylla said:
If you get married and then land as a single person without adding your wife to the application, you will NEVER be able to sponsor her. You will also commit misrepresentation which could lead to your PR status being revoked.

You only have two options.

1) Land in Canada first without getting married. Once you've landed in Canada and become a PR, return home and marry. Then sponsor your wife for PR status.

2) Get married now and add your wife to your application.

Again, DO NOT get married and then land as a single person. This will create problems for you that will be impossible to fix.
:D

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
but does adding a spouse reduces your chances of getting CSQ? (if the spouse does not know french nor have very high-bachelors- level of education)
IF I get married before getting my CSQ, and I add my spouse, will it be disadvantageous for me? We may not come to required total for couples...
What if I get married after CSQ and then add him..will that affect the points? will we need to re-do interview etc? (I will be okay to wait 2-3 months extra and land together)