+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

get ITA invitation but my spouse IELTS expired soon

tinaw2009

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Hi, All

Good luck and bad luck, would you please advise.

My EE score is 427, so I guess I will get ITA invitation of round 59 soon. but, unfortunately, my spouse IELTS test will be expired 18th April. I may lose 14 points due to it. So my question is:
Could I accept invitation and submit e-APR before 18th April ?
Or, Shall I accept invitation, and wait my spouse retake IELTS and create e-APR ? I believe we can regain 14 points.
or shall I reject it ?

Would you please advice !

Regards
Tina

all_the_best

Star Member
May 25, 2012
tinaw2009 said:
Hi, All

My EE score is 427, so I guess I will get ITA invitation of round 59 soon. but, unfortunately, my spouse IELTS test will be expired 18th April. I may lose 14 points due to it. So my question is:
Or, Shall I accept invitation, and wait my spouse retake IELTS and create e-APR ? I believe we can regain 14 points.
or shall I reject it ?

Regards
Tina
Your best plan should be to get everything in order and apply eAPR before IELTS expiry.
Second best would be to get new IELTS and then accept ITA.
Third best would be reject the one you have and wait for new IELTS with expectation that future draws would go below your CRS points.

DRWOU

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
tinaw2009 said:
Hi, All

or shall I reject it ?

Regards
Tina
I'm sure you got ITA with the draw of 12th of April. Try asap to submit your application before your spouse m's IELTS expires. Your submission date will be the lock-in date. Try to save money & stress of retaking the exam if you can.

tinaw2009

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
all_the_best said:
Your best plan should be to get everything in order and apply eAPR before IELTS expiry.
Second best would be to get new IELTS and then accept ITA.
Third best would be reject the one you have and wait for new IELTS with expectation that future draws would go below your CRS points.
Hi, Just want to double check, where could I find official description that as long as I have valid points at submission date, I won't be bothered by retaking test. As my application has been rejected due to lack of certain certificate, I have to very carefully this time.

Regards
Tina