+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

George brown college vs Royal roads university in BC - please help

Sep 22, 2014
Hello,
I am planing to take up Masters/ PG courses in Canada next year. My profile details are as follows:
1.I have 15 years of education (BMM) and currently 24 age
2. I have around 18 months of work experience in a MNC and still working
3. I have 80% in 10th SSC and HSC, 74% in Bachelors.
4. I have not taken GMAT
5. I scored 7.5 overall in IELTS
6. I am interested in 2 years/ 18 months full time Masters/ PG courses from a reputed college / university

I have finally shortlisted 2 options, kindly give your views on the same.
1. George Brown College (St. james Campus)
- PG in international business management (intake May 2015 to Dec 2015 - 8 months course)
- PG in Digital media marketing (intake Jan 2016 to Dec 2016 - 12 months course with 4 months Co-op)
Post both the courses back to back I would be eligible for minimum of 20 months to 3 years of work permit)
2. Royal Roads university (BC) - Master of global management (18 months with 12 months on campus and 6 months internship)

Kindly assist me with your views on the which one to go for, also other options are welcomed.

Thanks and Regards,
Riddhi

Talha Gujjar

May 12, 2014
Milton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS,Global Karachi,Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2014
File Transfer...
06-11-2014
Med's Request
20-11-2014
Med's Done....
03-12-2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Submitted with Application
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
26-12-2014
riddhimodi2904 said:
Hello,
I am planing to take up Masters/ PG courses in Canada next year. My profile details are as follows:
1.I have 15 years of education (BMM) and currently 24 age
2. I have around 18 months of work experience in a MNC and still working
3. I have 80% in 10th SSC and HSC, 74% in Bachelors.
4. I have not taken GMAT
5. I scored 7.5 overall in IELTS
6. I am interested in 2 years/ 18 months full time Masters/ PG courses from a reputed college / university

- PG in international business management (intake May 2015 to Dec 2015 - 8 months course)
- PG in Digital media marketing (intake Jan 2016 to Dec 2016 - 12 months course with 4 months Co-op)
Post both the courses back to back I would be eligible for minimum of 20 months to 3 years of work permit)
2. Royal Roads university (BC) - Master of global management (18 months with 12 months on campus and 6 months internship)

Kindly assist me with your views on the which one to go for, also other options are welcomed.

Thanks and Regards,
Riddhi
George Brown College (Ryerson uni) campus is very good & even Ryerson uni is good rest is up to you you have chosen good colleges.
Best of Luck....
Feel Free to ask any question....

Sep 22, 2014
Thanks Talha..
How about royal roads university.. any reviews??
I am applying for GBC next week but haven't got a proper review about Royal roads...

stilldreaming

Dec 7, 2014
If Royal Roads is University granting you a Masters degree, then it is always a better option than a Diploma. George Brown is a very good College but still it is only a Community College not a University, and doing two diplomas back-to-back might not fetch you 3 years PGWP.

Also, if you do a Masters degree, you can claim additional points for Express Entry PR. I am not sure what level equivalency is awarded for Diplomas, maybe someone else can answer this.

Talha Gujjar

May 12, 2014
Milton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2014
File Transfer...
06-11-2014
Med's Request
20-11-2014
Med's Done....
03-12-2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
26-12-2014
stilldreaming said:
If is Royal Roads University granting you a Masters degree, then it is always a better option than a Diploma. George Brown is a very good College but still it is only a Community College not a University, and doing two diplomas back-to-back might not fetch you 3 years PGWP.

Also, if you do a Masters degree, you can claim additional points for Express Entry PR. I am not sure what level equivalency is awarded for Diplomas, maybe someone else can answer this.
Fully agreed, as a personal suggestion i would advise you to apply for Ryerson Univeristy according to your qualification. otherwise Royal Roads University should be your second choice.... & if some how you want to study in college then GBC is the most suitable option for you....
Best of Luck....
Feel Free to ask any question....

Jan 6, 2015
Hello,
1.I have 15 years of education (BBA)and currently 22age
2. I have around 7 months of experience in my family business.
3. I have 60%in 10th SSC and HSC, 64%in Bachelors.
4. I have not taken GMAT
5. My IELTS is on 7feb

2 conestoga college (doon campus)
PG in global business management (intake may 2015 )
3. Centennial college
PG in international business management (May intake)
I am more interested in masters. I am not looking for PR. I will come back to India. And do business. And according to me I found Canada the best place to study. I can even have some work experience. Is it a right choice or should I go for Australia, as I will be eligible for good universities also, as they don't need work experience and okay with 3 year of graduation.
I am very confused.

Thanks
Ashish Mangwani

Talha Gujjar

May 12, 2014
Milton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2014
File Transfer...
06-11-2014
Med's Request
20-11-2014
Med's Done....
03-12-2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
26-12-2014
Ashishmangwani said:
Hello,
1.I have 15 years of education (BBA)and currently 22age
2. I have around 7 months of experience in my family business.
3. I have 60%in 10th SSC and HSC, 64%in Bachelors.
4. I have not taken GMAT
5. My IELTS is on 7feb

2 conestoga college (doon campus)
PG in global business management (intake may 2015 )
3. Centennial college
PG in international business management (May intake)
I am more interested in masters. I am not looking for PR. I will come back to India. And do business. And according to me I found Canada the best place to study. I can even have some work experience. Is it a right choice or should I go for Australia, as I will be eligible for good universities also, as they don't need work experience and okay with 3 year of graduation.
I am very confused.

Thanks
Ashish Mangwani
if your interested in college than George brown college is good
& like i said earlier here if Royal Roads University granting you a Masters degree, then it is always a better option than a Diploma.
and after completing your master's you will easily get the PR..according to the current laws of canada. then it will be upto you weather you want PR or not.
but let me tell you my opinion please select a university with high rankings like Simon fraser & University of toronto. the ranking of university really matters.
best of luck.

Jan 6, 2015
i myself want admission in well reputed university. but i just have 15 years of education and no work experience.
all universities in Canada ask for 16 years of edu, min 2 year work experience and some of them need gmat.
and i am looking for may intake (2015) as i don't wanna waste more time. and in the end i wanna get in to my family business. so i cant have work experience and thn apply to some university.
so please suggest according to my profile?
regards Ashish

Talha Gujjar

May 12, 2014
Milton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2014
File Transfer...
06-11-2014
Med's Request
20-11-2014
Med's Done....
03-12-2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
26-12-2014
Ashishmangwani said:
i myself want admission in well reputed university. but i just have 15 years of education and no work experience.
all universities in Canada ask for 16 years of edu, min 2 year work experience and some of them need gmat.
and i am looking for may intake (2015) as i don't wanna waste more time. and in the end i wanna get in to my family business. so i cant have work experience and thn apply to some university.
so please suggest according to my profile?
regards Ashish
any college will accept you don't worry.

propain

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2013
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Royal roads university is far far better than gbc.

check the reviews on this site itself. That is self explanatory.

Rru is the fastest masters in canada which gives 3 year work permit.

Its the cheapest masters too at 30k with no gmat.

cheers

garyastudent

Sep 3, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have studied in George Brown, it doesn't make any sense to go to a college when you have an option to go to University....

and please do not only think of getting the PGWP, think of what after that????
and If your long term goal is to settle down here in Canada, then as per current situation BC (British Columbia) is a safe bet...

I haven't studied IBM however a good friend did and he is not very satisfied with the content... everybody is free to speak what they have to.....

You have to do a lot of research in terms of the Job Market in Vancouver or around,

on the lighter note One thing for sure that you will love the Weather in BC rather then in ON.

Sep 22, 2014
Thank you so much guys for your valuable advice's.. however I have received my study permit and I am going to GBC as of now.. however the course it only 8 months long.. So I might look at universities after I got there..

Reactions: Binoysh

tdamarnath

Dec 15, 2015
George brown college - Digital Media Marketing Program

I would be very grateful if you could share your review on the college as i'm looking forward towards this program.

nalax85

Aug 10, 2017
George brown college - Digital Media Marketing Program

I would be very grateful if you could share your review on the college as i'm looking forward towards this program.
have you taken the program? did the co-op help you land a full time job?

Binoysh

Sep 17, 2019
Thank you so much guys for your valuable advice's.. however I have received my study permit and I am going to GBC as of now.. however the course it only 8 months long.. So I might look at universities after I got there..

What is your feedback now ?
How are things ?
Can you elaborate on your real life experience.

I am stuck and confused too.