+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Genestrings Laboratory at IRGA Delhi - How long does it take to get test results

vendod

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Hi,
I am traveling on this 26th Sep, Delhi to Toronto direct flight Air India. However, I have a domestic flight to Delhi on 25th Sep at 8:30 PM and landing in Delhi @ 11 pm.

As per new Canadian guidelines, I have to get the molecular test done in Genestrings Laboratory at IRGA Delhi.
I will just have 4 hours to get the molecular test done before I depart @ 3 am from Delhi airport.

Is that okay and enough time to get the test done in Delhi airport. Please help here. Thanks!

Harshara

Mar 21, 2021
Category........
VISIT
Hi,
I am traveling on this 26th Sep, Delhi to Toronto direct flight Air India. However, I have a domestic flight to Delhi on 25th Sep at 8:30 PM and landing in Delhi @ 11 pm.

As per new Canadian guidelines, I have to get the molecular test done in Genestrings Laboratory at IRGA Delhi.
I will just have 4 hours to get the molecular test done before I depart @ 3 am from Delhi airport.

Is that okay and enough time to get the test done in Delhi airport. Please help here. Thanks!
For Rapid PCR you need to give the sample 6 hrs prior and will get the result in 45 mins - 1 hr cost is 3900 .Report will b at email n hard copy they can get inside the airport at counter.
For RT pcr you have to give the sample 14 hrs before departure and will get the result in 8 hrs.Cost is 500.

vendod

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Thanks for the info

travel.gc.ca website just mentioned molecular test not specific RT PCR or Rapid PCR. Do you know If I can take RT-PCR instead?

Harshara

Mar 21, 2021
Category........
VISIT
You can either take Rapid PCR or RT PCR.Both are accepted.This was even mentioned in the Air Canada travel requirements for flights from India which was published on Sunday:

Air Canada’s testing requirements for flights from India
Please note that Air Canada’s requirements for boarding the flight from India to Canada have now changed. The only accepted COVID-19 tests are an RT-PCR test or a rapid PCR test that must be taken no more than 18 hours before your departing Air Canada flight to Canada from the COVID-19 Testing Centre & Lounge across from Terminal 3 at Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi. Air Canada requires either of these specific tests as no other test from any other clinic within India will be accepted, even if you are connecting from a different city.

You may also be able to travel if you provide proof of a certified positive PCR test result taken between 14 and 180 days before your scheduled departure flight to Canada.

vendod

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
You can either take Rapid PCR or RT PCR.Both are accepted.This was even mentioned in the Air Canada travel requirements for flights from India which was published on Sunday:

Air Canada’s testing requirements for flights from India
Please note that Air Canada’s requirements for boarding the flight from India to Canada have now changed. The only accepted COVID-19 tests are an RT-PCR test or a rapid PCR test that must be taken no more than 18 hours before your departing Air Canada flight to Canada from the COVID-19 Testing Centre & Lounge across from Terminal 3 at Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi. Air Canada requires either of these specific tests as no other test from any other clinic within India will be accepted, even if you are connecting from a different city.

You may also be able to travel if you provide proof of a certified positive PCR test result taken between 14 and 180 days before your scheduled departure flight to Canada.
Thanks for the info

varinder1717

Apr 18, 2015
Hi,

Hi did you reach Toronto? How long did the PCR test take at new delhi airport?

irock79

Jul 11, 2016
Hi,

Hello

My mom is travelling alone in 4 day from Delhi to Toronto

Could you please let me know your experience of the test done & how long did it take for Rapid PCR?
Also did they gave you a print out or the result or just in email?
Also did you enter that report in the ArriveCAN app?

Thanks

Reactions: IndicNord