+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Generic CIC Replies to Letters / MP Requests

gfdvca

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Hi everybody,

Recently I got in touch with my MPs office about this nonsensical inland wait (we are September 2013 applicants) and I have been asked to provide details about our case.

When people request specific information on the inland wait, either through their MP or CIC directly, I have seen a few examples where CIC sends out a template letter with absolutely no substance in it. I want to collect as many of these template letters as possible, and present them to my MP to make it very clear ahead of time that I find those responses unacceptable. Anything that you can post, whether it be text or images, would be highly appreciated. I will share my response with all of you here.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
I contacted my MP, and I wouldn't worry too much about doing so. You can actually call up your MP's office and directly talk to someone there. That's what I did, and have been doing for the past 3 months.

I don't think I've ever gotten a canned response from my MP's office.

Very early on request that you sign any agreements they think you may need for them to talk to CIC about your application. This will speed up information gathering.

In general, I've found CIC to be completely useless and frankly ridiculous. You'll never get anything helpful from them. I'm one of the many people who never even received an AOR, or anything. CIC is just plain too lazy to actually send out AOR's for anything, apparently they're still in some time-period where following a set process isn't standard practice. If sending an AOR isn't required of them, then why do they have AOR's at all? It's bewildering...off topic, sorry.

Anyway, call up your MP's office, it's shockingly easy to get through to them. You can email too, and they'll probably recommend you visit in-person or call. Give you phone number in your email to them. They're fairly helpful.

RedNumeros

Jul 11, 2013
gfdvca said:
Hi everybody,

Recently I got in touch with my MPs office about this nonsensical inland wait (we are September 2013 applicants) and I have been asked to provide details about our case.

When people request specific information on the inland wait, either through their MP or CIC directly, I have seen a few examples where CIC sends out a template letter with absolutely no substance in it. I want to collect as many of these template letters as possible, and present them to my MP to make it very clear ahead of time that I find those responses unacceptable. Anything that you can post, whether it be text or images, would be highly appreciated. I will share my response with all of you here.
Hello , may i ask you what "MP" stands for ?

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
RedNumeros said:
Hello , may i ask you what "MP" stands for ?
Member of parliament.