+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Generic Application

NinaInOT

May 20, 2016
Hey everyone! sorry for posting so many questions. I just want to be utterly sure not to make a mistake.

Question 10: Current Country of Residence

Should I put visitor, or click "other" and state that I am currently out of status in the given "other" section box?
I don't want to misrepresent anything.

Though I'm not a resident and I'm simply here as a "visitor" I've been here for almost three years, and so put Canada as my current country of residence (unless I should put the U.S?)

KelseyTVS

Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have to be in status to apply for PR. You need to get a visitor, work, or study permit asap

NinaInOT

May 20, 2016
KelseyTVS said:
You have to be in status to apply for PR. You need to get a visitor, work, or study permit asap
I was under the impression that I could still apply even though I'm out of status? At least that seems to be the consensus. I'm scared I'll be denied re-entry into Canada if I try to leave and come back so I can "restart" the clock on my permitted time here as a visa-exempt passport holder.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
KelseyTVS said:
An out of status person can still apply for PR.

NinaInOT said:
Should I put visitor, or click "other" and state that I am currently out of status in the given "other" section box?
Select other and put out of status.