Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2013
AOR Received.
03-07-2013
Med's Done....
17-05-2013
In the Generic Application Form for Canada, #12 question is "During the past five years, have you lived in any country other than your country of citizenship?" In my case, I went to Singapore for leisure/travel (on visitor visa) then after a month, I got a job offer there and I was issued my work visa. I worked there for 6 months, and then after the cancellation of my work visa, I was allowed to stay in Singapore for another month on visitor visa. So basically, I stayed in Singapore for 8 months (2 months on visitor visa and 6 months as a worker) So my question in the Generic Application form #12, what do I write? There's only one choice there, either your a visitor or a worker, how do I do this? Do I just write Worker for the whole 8 months, or put in only the dates when I was issued my work visa? Please help!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Put worker, as that was your status for the majority, then just attach an additional page saying what you've said here.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can show Singapore - Worker - From date...... of first entry To..... last date.

In an additional sheet make a note : Q.12 : Entered in Singapore on visitor visa, worked from ... to... and stayed as visitor till. As there is no sufficient columns on the form to explain it properly, give the main part of your stay in Singapore which is important. An explanation on the additional sheet of paper will serve the purpose.