+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

General Queries but Critical for the Application

KevinAlme

Jul 21, 2019
Hi Friends,

Need somebody to shed some light-upon the following questions that I've got.

1. I'm planing to migrate for skill migrant, When creating the 'Express Entry Profile' under which category should I select from the drop-down? (Immigrant or Permanent Resident Card)

2. Proof of Funds (Migrating under Never Married/Single) - Is it a problem to have join account for the applicant when showing proof of funds? (Eg: Joint account will be under the names of the Applicant and His/Her Mother)

3. Another question on Proof of Funds - Is it ok to have the deposit in British Pounds or should it be in our home country local currency?

4. Biological Connection - I have my Biological Mother base din Canada but due to past confusions in family I dont have proof to say that she is my biological mother except for the Canada Govt. undertaking a blood-sample check.

Thank You.

sphng

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
3. Another question on Proof of Funds - Is it ok to have the deposit in British Pounds or should it be in our home country local currency?
POF can be in any currency, as long as they are the equivalent of the minimum required funds in CAD, but make sure to have slightly more than the minimum to account for currency conversion fluctuations.

Also, are you currently in GB? Otherwise, you might have to account for why you have funds in a currency you don't use.

KevinAlme

Jul 21, 2019
POF can be in any currency, as long as they are the equivalent of the minimum required funds in CAD, but make sure to have slightly more than the minimum to account for currency conversion fluctuations.

Also, are you currently in GB? Otherwise, you might have to account for why you have funds in a currency you don't use.
Thank you. Would you be able to shed light on the other queries as well?

Thanks Again....

KevinAlme

Jul 21, 2019

And No, currently I'm not in GB. These are funds from my work I've saved and the balance will be given by my relative to meet the minimum requirement. Any idea as to proof, since still I will have the funds under my name?

sphng

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
And No, currently I'm not in GB. These are funds from my work I've saved and the balance will be given by my relative to meet the minimum requirement. Any idea as to proof, since still I will have the funds under my name?
If a relative is gifting the money to you, you will need to get a gift deed and an affidavit for the amount. A quick Google search should help you identify where in your area you can get those done. Then, since you'll have a sudden influx of money in your bank statements from that gift, you'll also need to explain the reason for that sudden spike in a Letter of Explanation when you submit your full application.

However, if you are able to get that gift as soon as possible and keep it in your bank account untouched for more than six months before you request your bank letter and statements, you will not need to account for that gift. This is the ideal route.