+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GENERAL OR ACADEMIC IELTS

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dude said:
Leon, you are clear about your opinion but since I got accepted I guess others also should be given the same preference. Anyways, let each one decide. I said my case cuz I have gone thru the tension whether academic will be accepted or not. I had done academic thinking that its a superior exam and will be accepted for both cases.
It's not my opinion. It's very clearly stated on the CIC website that you should take General Training. It's even stated as I posted above that "Only the ‘General Training' tests are accepted".

Obviously we know that they make exceptions to that because you and some others have been accepted with Academic but they could at any point refer to the rules clearly stated on their website and say it's not accepted.

aini virgo

Jan 6, 2012
maximum time of canadian student visa

hy i wana ask sum q's i applied in canada for student visa on 28th october in St lawrence college.. my classes start 4rm 7th of january bt i havnt recieve any medical call or rejection call..
kindly plz guide me max how much time it takes 2 get canadian visa? and my classes r frm 7th of january vl it effect on visa??
please guide me

ayedaade

Jul 7, 2011
I am an old applicant - submited my forms for FSW in accra in 2005 and no information yet. A question, do i need to apply for ELTS? If so, which one - General or Academic?

(INDIAN)

Champion Member
May 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ayedaade said:
I am an old applicant - submited my forms for FSW in accra in 2005 and no information yet. A question, do i need to apply for ELTS? If so, which one - General or Academic?
General
INDIAN

prestige

Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
soon
As far as I know, general IELTS for the immigrants.
Is general IELTS easier than academic IELTS?

nicholas30

Champion Member
Nov 4, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YES general is easier as compared to academic, infact speaking & listening is the same for both cases.

Cheers!!!!!

octhavio

Jan 4, 2012
BRAZIL
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have the same problem. I am going to apply for Quebec PNP and I'm not sure if I can take the IELTS exam, since when I arrive in Canada I intend on continueing my studies.

Are there universities or colleges that accept the General IELTS?