+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

General Business Certificate Qualified for PGWP ?

Muskan28

Star Member
Dec 16, 2020
Hey guys, I have a question regarding a program in the Douglas College in New Westminster. The name of the program is General Business, it is a full time certificate that's completed in 30 weeks. As you all know to be eligible for PWGP and express entry program the study can't be general interest or self improvement courses and can't be less than 32 weeks (8 months) to be qualified. So is this program eligible or not? The college is listed among the eligible colleges for PGWP.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Hey guys, I have a question regarding a program in the Douglas College in New Westminster. The name of the program is General Business, it is a full time certificate that's completed in 30 weeks. As you all know to be eligible for PWGP and express entry program the study can't be general interest or self improvement courses and can't be less than 32 weeks (8 months) to be qualified. So is this program eligible or not? The college is listed among the eligible colleges for PGWP.
Best to ask the college. Not all programs from a PGWP eligible DLI qualifies for PGWP.

Reactions: wonderbly

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Program is eligible for PGWP… Douglas College is well known in Lower Mainland. Im not sure about the EE requirement about general programs but i guess as you as you graduated from approved DLI, you should be fine. However if you apply from outside of Canada to come and study general certificate program, you need very strong profile

Muskan28

Star Member
Dec 16, 2020
Program is eligible for PGWP… Douglas College is well known in Lower Mainland. Im not sure about the EE requirement about general programs but i guess as you as you graduated from approved DLI, you should be fine. However if you apply from outside of Canada to come and study general certificate program, you need very strong profile
I'm already in Canada, but want to apply for Winter intake if qualifies for EE.