+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
So your application should follow a different timeline as it is another category. I have no idea if SS is done in the same way for applicants from different immigration classes. Have you tried in any way to confirm your type of security (regular/SS)? Although CV request is an indication of possible SS, it is not always the case.

I will post here if there is any update or result. Since I have lived in 2 countries for more than 6 months, I suspect they will request information from those countries, making the processing time of my SS longer than some simpler cases, though there is no confirmed evidence to substantiate this theory.
Thanks for your message. I have not tried yet to confirm whether it's SS or a regular request, but perhaps I will check it next week.
It is highly believable that they would ask & wait for feedbacks from your previous countries of residency. Clearly, they have to postpone a decision until they have all the required information but thanks to modern digital communication systems, this transaction of information should not delay your processing time much longer than usual. Probably, this would also depends on these countries (For example U.S. is fast in terms of response).

Last edited:
Reactions: baltzly

Kiara02

Star Member
Jan 14, 2020
Hi @Amir1523, I got below response on my web form inquiry. Security background verification means security screening?

• The background verifications are in process.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is in process.

Kiara02

Star Member
Jan 14, 2020
This reply is translated to: eligibility in progress, security not started, criminality in progress.
Thanks for the reply. Quick question- At this stage is it advisable to submit a web form to notify about my spouse's (Dependent) change in country of residence? (was earlier in Canada when we dropped our file)
Primary applicant (me) details haven't changed though.

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Yeah. This is actually the point I worry about a little bit. I don't really know if those countries respond in a timely manner. I have read an article about immigration in which the author said immigration-related security screening is usually classified as a low priority for those agencies, because they have much more important duties to perform. This kind of uncertainty makes me feel bad as I have zero control over the process now.

As to your case, there are still chances you are not under SS. If so, you will get PPR soon!
Thank you for your reply.
Even if it considered as a low priority duty, responding time from them should not be higher than a month.
Don't worry. Fortunately, these days, SS doesn't take as much as it used to. Just wait & hopefully, you will inform us about your PPR very soon.

Reactions: baltzly

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Thanks for the reply. Quick question- At this stage is it advisable to submit a web form to notify about my spouse's (Dependent) change in country of residence? (was earlier in Canada when we dropped our file)
Primary applicant (me) details haven't changed though.
You can do it if you like. But just as a reminder, although both of you will be checked for security(Not all cases go for SS) but it is not the case that your spouse become PR without you because the one who is a principal applicant is you.
Good luck with your application.

Last edited:

faisalmf

Jun 24, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
LANDED..........
28-06-2022
Dear All
Can anyone whose security security has been completed that how much time does they take nowadays? I am January 2019 applicant and my security screening started on 27 July 2019

faisalmf

Jun 24, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
LANDED..........
28-06-2022
My SS started on Sept 5, 2019 and was concluded on Feb 21, 2020. PPR received on Feb 24. I've ordered all three notes to confirm the information (GCMS/CBSA/CSIS)
Thanks bro..I don’t know why my SS is talking so much time..I have ordered only CBSA notes but haven’t received them yet

faisalmf

Jun 24, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
LANDED..........
28-06-2022
Hey bro

My CBSA notes were actually delayed as CBSA sought a 60 day extension, and during that time my SS was finalized. Have you got any notification of extension to release your notes from CBSA? How long have you already waited for your notes?
Hey bro

My CBSA notes were actually delayed as CBSA sought a 60 day extension, and during that time my SS was finalized. Have you got any notification of extension to release your notes from CBSA? How long have you already waited for your notes?
My friend in Toronto ordered them two weeks ago..

ssa268

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Dear All
Can anyone whose security security has been completed that how much time does they take nowadays? I am January 2019 applicant and my security screening started on 27 July 2019
My ss started by the end of June 20119 and was concluded in Jan 2020. It took roughly 7 months.
Similar with baltzly, I ordered all the notes. But I got PPR before receiving GCMS notes.

Hope this helps and good luck!

faisalmf

Jun 24, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
LANDED..........
28-06-2022
My ss started by the end of June 20119 and was concluded in Jan 2020. It took roughly 7 months.
Similar with baltzly, I ordered all the notes. But I got PPR before receiving GCMS notes.

Hope this helps and good luck!
My 7 months concluded today..this gives me a lot of hope..thanks for the kind words

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Dear All
Mine was start on 26 June and finalized by 20 October and I got PPR on 10 February.Anyway, it could be that your security screening done but still there are other things still VO working on it. You can not relay on timeline of others in this matter because each case is different. It’s better to order CBSA and CSIS just to check. Good luck and hopefully you receive PPR soon

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
My SS started on Sept 5, 2019 and was concluded on Feb 21, 2020. PPR received on Feb 24. I've ordered all three notes to confirm the information (GCMS/CBSA/CSIS)
Excellent, very hearty congratulations to you. I was sure that you would receive your PPR very soon.

Reactions: faisalmf

faisalmf

Jun 24, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
LANDED..........
28-06-2022
No worries bro

Do you have any complex academic or professional background? What do you think may have resulted in your protracted SS?
There is nothing complex bro..I am from Pakistan and work as an aircraft engineer..maybe my work at airports or aircraft have something to do with it..

Reactions: Amir1523

faisalmf

Jun 24, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
LANDED..........
28-06-2022
Mine was start on 26 June and finalized by 20 October and I got PPR on 10 February.Anyway, it could be that your security screening done but still there are other things still VO working on it. You can not relay on timeline of others in this matter because each case is different. It’s better to order CBSA and CSIS just to check. Good luck and hopefully you receive PPR soon
Thanks bro for your wishes..I have ordered CBSA notes..maybe ordering them is the catch because almost everyone is saying that they received their PPR after that

Reactions: Amir1523 and YoYo81