+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

Anna09

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Canada
Also my MP is not really helping can I contact any other Mp that are not in my postal code area ?

Last edited:

ssa268

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Thanks for reply , I though they don’t send all SS to CSIS , anyway is there anyway to know if they going to send it to CSIS or not ? and when ?
if I call CIC can I find out the deadline for Ss ? Thanks
CIC will not give a deadline for SS, whoever receives your call, it will be a very generic answer. it could take months to years for the ss and CIC is not involved in the process, (it is carried out by a third party) blablabla....
Be patient is probably the best advice I can give.

Anyway, as always, good luck!

Reactions: Amir1523

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Check my signature for full timeline , and yes , It's still "We are reviewing your .....", never changed even after PPR.
Hmmm, interesting..
All in all, It is a positive signal to see our friends getting PPR after asking for additional document. Thank you for sharing your info with us & Have a great time in Canada

mghicho

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Question for those of you who've ordered CSIS notes,
I got mine yesterday,
it has three section,

SSRN Details: mentions that status is completed and that request date as may 22nd 2019,
Case Conclusion: mentions personal info and also the request date which is the same,
Recommendation/Advice: which has one field: Issued on: 2019-09-08.

Does this mean my security screening was started on may 22nd and finished on Sept. 8th?

Now my account received an update on Jan 22nd and when I called I was told that the security screening just finished.
Was it the CBSA that was holding on to my account from Sept to January?
wtf?
why?
Just to answer my own question:
Who give a fuck?
I got the landing interview email today.
Precisely 8 months in security screening.

faisalmf

Jun 24, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
LANDED..........
28-06-2022
Just to answer my own question:
Who give a fuck?
I got the landing interview email today.
Precisely 8 months in security screening.
Bro which notes should i order for a detailed overview of what’s going on with my security? CBSA or CSIS notes? My ss started in July 2019 and I am still waiting for BG check completion

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Dear all,
About 70 days ago, I was happy for receiving "pre-arrival letter" and was hopping to get PPR soon, but I got a CV request instead.
Is there anyone with the same condition, who was asked for CV after receiving pre-arrival?

Last edited:

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
I have ordered both CBSA and CSIS notes. My CBSA notes show that my eligibility and criminality were both passed on Sept 4. I was asked to submit my CV on Sept 5, and CBSA notes also say my security was initiated on Sept 5. No update since then.
Congratulations for passing eligibility & criminality. Due to my knowledge, when your eligibility is passed then you can not do anything else, you just have to wait. Otherwise, maybe providing some documents to increase the chance of being eligible would be an option.
Fortunately in your case it is confirmed that you are eligible so don't worry, I think you are standing in a safe side and will receive your PPR soon.

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
I have a question:

Is the SS time people have been mentioning here the total time since security starts? Or it only refers to the CSIS portion? My security was initiated on Sept 5, but CSIS seemed to have begun its involvement on Oct 2.

I know two people whose SS was finished within 5 months in 2019, and in both cases the SS time (5 months) refers to the total security time, not the time the case was with CSIS.
Again due to my knowledge, all applications go to background check but some of them go for SS. This means for some cases security check is just some days and probably this only depends on their country of origin+citizenship+education & job. I think you should count it from 2nd of Oct, however in your case even if my answer is not correct then the time difference is just about a month.
Keep hopes up, you passed your eligibility and it's so important. You will receiver your PPR soon

Reactions: baltzly

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Thank you for your good wishes:) To be honest with you I don't really feel this is hopeful as no positive result is guaranteed at this point.

Yes I know the difference between security and security screening, but I'm not sure when people on this thread say their SS has been in progress for 8 months, does that 8 months include the time before the file is sent to CSIS? Or people only calculate the time after CSIS begins its involvement ? My view is that the initial time before CSIS is engaged in this should also count as that is also part of security. Usually the CSIS portion lasts only for 2-5 months, and much of the SS is actually done by CBSA. My initial assumption is that when people say their SS has been ongoing for a certain number of months, the number refers to the entire security time.
Thank you for your information. You are right regarding considering it in total as your notes make more sense. One of our friends(@ssa268) in this thread already mentioned that the average processing time for SS is 6-8 months in recent days. With respect to his comment, you are close to the avg. processing time so cherish the hope, maybe you'll get your PPR anytime between next month or a month after.
By the way, Why aren't you hopeful? I mean have you seen anyone with negative result at this point?

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Thanks for your reassurance!

I personally don't know anyone getting a negative result at this point, but as I said earlier, nothing is confirmed until the PPR moment:) According to my observation and my experience gained in this application process, IRCC seems to be a government body that usually doesn't show any mercy or leniency. We have seen rejections on this forum due to minor errors in people's applications. This is why I don't really feel safe before the application is actually approved.

The average time for SS is indeed quite alluring as I will reach that average point very soon, but I have also seen super long cases here, so I'm more scared than optimistic..

What is your situation now? Is everything going well?
I understand your concern and admit that at the end of the day the importance is just and just PPR but nothing else. Nevertheless, please be sure that in your situation eligibility is passed so your application is in a safe side and very close to PPR.
Please keep us informed about good news(Golden email) in your application
Regarding my situation, I am under spouse sponsorship category, I did my biometrics & passed medical. Then I received "pre-arrival letter" and was hopping to get PPR soon, but I got a CV request instead. I uploaded my CV about 20 days ago and my status in GCKey has changed to "We are reviewing your uploaded document". Also, I have not received any ghost update yet.