+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Where are you from ?
7 months in SS ??!!
I think I'm in SS too , I received adr for CV+student form last December , now it's 2 months since ADR submitted , both eligibility and criminality passed.
I think I still have many more months to wait
A question regarding your "Additional Documents" field in your GCKey account. I just confused why the statement is constant and never changes. For my case, it is written as follows: "We are reviewing your uploaded documents". Do you have the same statement or something else?

GeoV

Star Member
May 31, 2019
A question regarding your "Additional Documents" field in your GCKey account. I just confused why the statement is constant and never changes. For my case, it is written as follows: "We are reviewing your uploaded documents". Do you have the same statement or something else?
I had the same statement since Nov after the uploading, the docs it is ok
- people get PPR while this statement doesnt change and some has it changed as N/A

Reactions: Amir1523

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hi guys!
After 7 months in SS, I got ADR for partner's CV, Schedule A, Travel history and Info request for students.
I guess they only finished my security check and now they are starting his comprehensive ss :confused:
Any opinions?
I sooooo hope that I am wrong, but I am almost sure that this is the deal.
Consider it as a good signal because they got a good feedback from your SS and now moving towards your partner's application. Otherwise, they would never continue.
Keep hopes up, the best is yet to come.

Reactions: bubusik

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
I had the same statement since Nov after the uploading, the docs it is ok
- people get PPR while this statement doesnt change and some has it changed as N/A
Thank you for your fast reply. Good luck with your immigration process

bubusik

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Consider it as a good signal because they got a good feedback from your SS and now moving towards your partner's application. Otherwise, they would never continue.
Keep hopes up, the best is yet to come.
Thank you! Yeah, of course, it's a good sign that at least my ss is most likely over, but I just wonder why didn't they process us both simultaniously.

johanex

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
29-06-2019
The same for me
I just had a call with CIC , she informed me that Security started on 5 December and they have a deadline set to 5 May (6 months),
I don't know if SS always take 6 months or maybe even more or less , but it's confirmed , I'm in SS :/

GeoV

Star Member
May 31, 2019
The same for me
I just had a call with CIC , she informed me that Security started on 5 December and they have a deadline set to 5 May (6 months),
I don't know if SS always take 6 months or maybe even more or less , but it's confirmed , I'm in SS :/
Did you observe any Ghost update as SS indication?

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
The same for me
Thank you for your reply and good luck with your immigration process. It is a very good sign that a deadline is set for you case. Probably you get a result before that.

johanex

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
29-06-2019
Thank you for your reply and good luck with your immigration process. It is a very good sign that a deadline is set for you case. Probably you get a result before that.
Thnx, but why is that
they don't usually set a deadline ?

ssa268

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
I received ADR for SechA and PCC- on 30 OCT and the BG changed to IP1 since then( you application in progress)
Eligibility pass , BG not started
I dont know where the file at since notes that was ordered in OCT never received
I only got Ghost update in Jan and agent have no clue why that happened, ? Said the file still the same status
I am guessing with so long in IP1 I might also be in SS...
still waiting
Thx
Try to order CSIS notes, that could be faster. It took me less than 30 days to receive that from CSIS. But GCMS notes took more than 100 days.

Too many people are ordering GCMS notes nowadays.

ssa268

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
I submitted an additional document as well. It will change into Not applicable once they have reviewed your documents.

ssa268

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
The same for me
Usually, they would set a deadline in 6 months for almost all the cases. (I hate to tell you this but it was the case with my application.) If you have ordered GCMS notes, the deadline is written somewhere in your 250+ pages notes (if you are under SS).

And my ss started at the end of June and a deadline was set at the end of Dec. I regarded it as a good sign as well but it didn't turn out to be the case. I called IRCC and asked about this deadline. A representative told me that it didn't really mean anything. The deadline means an agent will review your case around the time of the deadline, but there is no certain answer regarding the time of SS.

But, luckily, according to my own experience and so many others in this thread, SS can be finalized within 6-8 months in 2019. ( 7 months for my case)

So keep waiting for the good news, be patient. Don't make it a too big deal so that it will ruin your life (easier said than done, I know).

Good luck and hope the above helps.